Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server quiete empty during this week

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Wookienator, Apr 11, 2014

1. Sep 5, 2013

I noticed the low number of players during this week and wondered if someone could explain me why the server was so empty this week :smile: was there anything special going on this week in the US?

Hope someone can clear this out :smile:

Cheers
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Someone stupid created Monday to Friday. I hate that guy person man thingamagig
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Aug 12, 2012
      uh maybe spring break? for me personally I'm taking a long break from CSS source to deal with some current life issues
    • Jan 30, 2013

Doom and gloom time

Idk, Happens every now and then. theres this current balance of pop between servers too that tends to make it worse.
    • Sep 15, 2012
      Final exam week is creeping in. All I see and hear in libraries are tears and cries.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Nah, a server that died during September and when pF got more players is now in the most active servers. PF will regain more players by autumn.
    • Sep 5, 2013

20k players ingame at the moment :razz: not the No1, but still quiete solid :wink:

Cheers
    • Jun 11, 2012
      He's actually not wrong. There is significant statistic data to support loss of numbers all across the board. Server popularity just means how long a server had 60+ members playing the longest.

Also Final Exams for the kiddies and the start of spring in NA and the low pop of CSS makes this week (and probably till mid-may) a baron wasteland in the daytime for CSS. Expect maybe like early June that the number will pick back up due to summer vacation for the kiddies.
    • Jan 30, 2013
      May be "solid" but I saw it hit 4k the other day on the low end lol. Also, when I left SteamGamers back in 2011, to go play on nextex's theater server, css was peaking in the 60-65k range daily(1.6 being ~68k). I know csgo has accelerated their drops, but between that, its age, people just leaving, exams/springtime, its on thin ice :razz:
    • Sep 5, 2013
      I must agree. The game gets older and older. So it is very reasonable that player move to other game like the new CS. I just started this thread, because I was shocked how fast the number of players dropped.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Well I have more and more concerts, as well as being 100% active in CS:GO over the past few months and 0% in CS:S. I think I have somewhat decided to retire from ZE because I have discovered more interesting stuff. It doesn't mean I'm gone, I will simply play it barely.

I also discovered that mapping for CS:GO is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more enjoyable than the old hammer. However, that is maybe because CS:GO supports up to 8 times the polycount or something. I mean you can render about one million polygons and your framerate will still go well. Everything, everything in CS:GO is about materials and shaders, and even that has been improved.

Not to mention, the vast growing interest in CS:GO, the official operations which could potentially make you thousands of dollars, the amazing shadows, the extra possibilities, etc...

Also, I discovered the Level Design tools of WWMT (Wall Worm Model Tools) and instantly when I discovered just how powerful it was, how much better it is than Hammer, I decided to never touch Hammer (the program) ever again. My current project is done entirely inside 3DS Max, I compile it straight from there, and I just go in my level with everything set up correctly and everything packed with a single click.

All of these reasons are for me to currently explain why CS:S would be 'dying'. It's not dying the interest is simply decreasing.

One problem, unfortunatly and fortunatly, about CS:GO is that ZE is out of the question. This is one of the rare reasons where I profoundly blame Valve for not having done more effort into making the settings more agreeable for ZE. I mean they did the effort to give us a model so we don't have to download them, but they didn't want to change the settings, so in the end it was wasted effort and currently only 1 server somewhat makes it alive in CS:GO and that's it. It's unfortunate for CS:GO but fortunate for CS:S because this way CS:S will remain popular for CS:S forever until Valve either fixes GO ZE settings or when ZE would ever launch as a standalone game, which I think it never will.
      • Informative Informative x 1
        JorisCeoen, Apr 11, 2014 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Apr 11, 2014
      • Mar 8, 2013
        I haven't been playing at all in the last month or so, but I am still working on maps for ZM, as well as my first ZE project.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Congratulations! I feel like I completely abandoned all of my ZE projects xD
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 28, 2013

Well as long as I am not lazy, I can get to mapping one day but I won't map for pF.
          • Feb 1, 2011
            So are you saying we won't be allowed to use your maps, or they will be game modes that pF doesn't host?

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
          • Apr 28, 2013
            No. I will map for a different community mostly. I will not be maptesting on pF but I will suggest my maps to pF when they are completed.
            • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
            • Feb 1, 2011

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
            • Sep 5, 2013
              Still waiting for a Star Wars map with levels/ stages :wink: Make it real!
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
              • Jun 11, 2012
                [IMG] [IMG][IMG]
                [IMG][IMG]

I'm being respectful. Check V

[IMG]
              • Sep 5, 2013

Peed myself :grin:

But you probaly forget this one:

[IMG]