Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Server Tweaks

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Ray, Apr 7, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    Ever since the servers came back online the other day, I have been doing various experiments to try and reduce lag on the servers (ZE being the testing grounds). We have various plugins/extensions/hacks in place to help reduce lag (mainly speeding up/caching expensive syscalls). Some progress has been made in this area. I have applied one of our fixes to all of the PlagueFest servers after having a successful trial run on ZE. Overall, server-side FPS and ticks seem to be slightly higher as a result.

Thanks goes to Kyle for recompiling Monk's GetTimeOfDay hack (didn't expect it to make a difference, but it definitely did... Which is interesting).

Please post your thoughts on this, and whether or not you noticed a difference in gameplay.
  2. Dec 17, 2010
    Now I can play the new maps on ZE with out be outran (due to lag)
    then eventually being caught up by the zombies...
  3. Feb 17, 2011
    well one thing i rly noticed is my ping is lower
    i normaly have average of 250 - 300 and higher when there r like 25-35 players
    now its starting from 220-230 and ofcourse goes a bit higher when the server gets rly full.
  4. Feb 23, 2011
    My Ping is always on the higher side, but i m on ZM2 or Lila Panic,
    I have not noticed any difference there. Let me know when you tweak it there. I will definitely give you a feedback.

Thanks for all the efforts
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    Ping should not be hugely effected. It should help, though. The tweak was applied to ALL the servers today.

This plugin mainly addresses server side CPU usage, which is evident with jittery player movement when the server is full.