Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Servers updated (VPK + Filesystem Change)

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Apr 16, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2007
    Valve pushed a fairly significant update today that makes changes to both the server and client distribution system. I've been prepping on the weekends for this, and for the most part ZM and ZE work. We had to resync with the main ZR branch, so things will be busted like cookies saving and other misc things. I intend on fixing this when I get home. I rolled out two emergency patches already, but I'm on my phone now and I don't think there's a git client for Android :wink:

ZMP and MG haven't been updated, I'll be doing this later in the day as well. Thanks for your patience.

If there are any new bugs please post them in here and tag me. We will probably be sprinting, but its better then allowing it to linger.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Have I ever told you that you're smart as hell?
    • Dec 27, 2012
      The damned update failed four times for me before it worked. -_-
      Anyway, keep rockin' Kyle.:thumbsup:
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      For anybody that may freak out, custom maps are now located in cstrike > download > maps, and your Counter Strike: Source is now located in SteamApps > Common and not your username (it's with the rest of your games now).

Also should mention, when grenades are thrown on zombie servers, they no longer are on fire BEFORE exploding and players aren't slowed down when a thrown grenade passes through them anymore. Seems to be part of the update, which is helpful.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
        So I just copy my files into Common > CSS?
      • Jun 11, 2012
        It should do it for you. If you re-download, it should auto-magically do it. But if you're maps or some are left over from the in [username], then you should move them to the common.
      • May 14, 2011
        It will do it auto magically. ALL you custom content will be in common/cstrike/downloads . Just drag and drop everything from there into common/cstrike
      • Apr 12, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Like Like x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Like Like x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Feb 3, 2012
              the training facility is running an older version of CS:S. :razz:
            • Apr 9, 2007
            • Jun 4, 2006
              • Winner Winner x 2
              • Sep 25, 2010
                sm_slap and sm_spray crash the training server.
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Jun 4, 2006
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • May 25, 2012
                    Apologies if this isn't the place to post but why is there two custom Anti Bunny Hopping plugins running at the same time for Zombie Escape? I've been going from server to server to check some things and I noticed the servers here run an extensive amount of plugins compared to other servers... With the lack of an Anti-BHop plugin working, a confliction of the two could be happening? A perhaps silly thing to point out as it could be surely known but hey, just pointing it out.

For reference:
                  • Apr 9, 2007
                    "Anti Bunny Hopping" (3.2) by Kyle Sanderson
                    "Anti Bunny Hopping" (1.1) by Kyle Sanderson

How strange! Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT:[IMG]
                    You're correct. Case sensitivity sucks.
                    • Agree Agree x 1