Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Settings ze_predator_ultimate_v3

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hek, Feb 20, 2012

1. Jan 14, 2012
    With good teamwork it's quite easy to get to ultimate, but the current settings are too hard to beat ultimate in my opinion.

I don't suggest changing the classes, but I do suggest a change in the map specific ZR settings.

Overview of most map specific game play settings
    Code:
    // Number of mother zombies to infect (when infect timer is up) in proportion to number of humans on the server.
    // Default: "5"
    zr_infect_mzombie_ratio "5"

// Teleport mother zombies back to spawn on infect.
    // Default: "0"
    zr_infect_mzombie_respawn "0"

// Maximum time from the start of the round until picking the mother zombie(s).
    // Default: "50.0"
    zr_infect_spawntime_max "50.0"

// Minimum time from the start of the round until picking the mother zombie(s).
    // Default: "30.0"
    zr_infect_spawntime_min "30.0"

--
    // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Respawn (module)

// Respawn players after death. [Recommended: (Enable) zr_zspawn*]
    zr_respawn "0"

// Time after death to delay player respawn. [Dependency: zr_respawn]
    // Default: "1"
    zr_respawn_delay "1"

// Respawn player as a zombie. [Dependency: zr_respawn]
    zr_respawn_team_zombie "1"

// Respawn player as a zombie if player was killed by the world. [Override: zr_respawn_team_zombie]
    zr_respawn_team_zombie_world "1"

// Napalm (module)

// Ignite grenade in mid-air after player throws it. [Dependency: Human Attribute 'has_napalm']
    zr_napalm_ignite "1"

// Minimum water-saturation before flame is extinguished. ['0' = Disabled | '1' = Feet | '2' = Waist | '3' = Full submersion]
    zr_napalm_douse "0"

For instance,

Code:
    // Respawn player as a zombie. [Dependency: zr_respawn]
    zr_respawn_team_zombie "1"
    Setting zr_respawn_team_zombie or zr_respawn_team_zombie_world to 0 (not quite sure if Predator kills count as 'world kills') won't spawn all the players killed by the Predator as zombie, making the holding at the bridge after jumping in the core way more manageable (the point where humans seem to fail most often).

I'm a huge predator fan, but because it's impossible to beat ultimate because there are either too many zombies or there are too many humans in the room (causing humans not to be able to shoot the alien 10 times each), I don't even bother to try anymore lately.

Don't get me wrong, the settings I would like to see changed are minor. I played pred on servers where it became normal to beat ultimate. I don't want that! It should still be a rare thing, but it shouldn't be impossible!

Discuss!
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jul 4, 2011
      I would have to agree with you on this one, it's currently impossible to beat Predator on PlagueFest. A full 60 slot server with respawn on simply won't win the map, too few humans = too many zombies to hold, too many humans = you won't be able to kill the alien at the end because everyone blocks eachothers bullets. You can still beat the map though but not legit, if there are a lot of humans at the end the alien can glitch and leave players alive.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      Thank you for making this post Hek, i could share some of my opinions on this matter.
      A big goal for me is to witness PlagueFest beating Predator, as i still would want to keep it challenging, epic and glitch free aswell.
      We've had some insanely close moments of doing so aswell (with the respawn settings enabled at the time i believe?) and i know we can and will beat it in the near future.

So my suggestion is to keep it as it is with the settings, tuning down the difficulty would make it less satisfactory/epic when it really happens. But i gotta admit that it's pretty goddamn hard as most of you think :razz:
      Altough, this doesn't mean that it's impossible, in one of our unlegit / really close wins we killed the Alien (with a fair amount of players aswell) but got killed by the zombies afterwards.
      The thing is that we need maximum focus on the Alien as it spawns.

Also i'm not fully sure if the bullets gets fully blocked by the players *I want/need to test*, i believe it weakens the bullets (just like penetrating through different materials such as wood/metal etc)
      but that will still count as a hit, remember the Alien is hit based (30 initial hits needed, along with 10 hits for each player) so be prepared!
      I'll put a link to my tutorial in here for you to share to whoever you feel like: http://plaguefest.com/threads/ze_predator_ultimate-final-boss.8651/

Seeya ingame!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 17, 2011
        It's gotten close before, I remember once or twice we actually beat the Predator with a handful left, but failed at the end. In the end though I think it is a bit cheap to change settings just because of teamwork. When people run to the transporter door and stare during one of the most intense hold moments on the entire map, that hurts. When people don't hold the elevator and vents (or hold them too long), we lose people. Holding the zombies isn't really to difficult if you have even three people, assuming the boss doesn't decimate them.

Oh, and when ten of the 60 players are in spectate that can't help.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 9, 2012
          Sorry Ray Charles, but ill have to disagree with you there. Here's why :
          With more players, the amount of hp predator has is increased, thus making it harder to kill. It isn't ideal to have 50 humans alive during the boss round, since it will inflate the predator's hp extremely high, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that with those 50 players, about 10-20 will die in less than 6 seconds, thus making it very tough for the remaining survivors to make up the damage for the dead.

Also with more players, the likelihood of someone turning into a zombie sadly just increases because some people lag behind, and with 10 more players playing, the potential for that is increased.

But this is theoretical of course. If we had 60 Pro players playing at once, then my logic easily becomes false (but not entirely).
        • Feb 17, 2011
          While edge warriors and door huggers will probably still exist in the extra 10 or so we would gain, we're always understocked when we reach the Predator. I personally haven't seen us approach it with more than 20, maybe just once or twice more than that.
        • Dec 7, 2010
          If we are talking about final stage holding off the zombies while one player is climbing the staircase, I've seen it won here in pF many times. Unless this isn't the final stage?
        • Feb 9, 2012
          There's actually one more part to it after the stair climbing. the humans must run further back and defend an area WHILE also attempting to kill the Alien (ie the Alien from the movie). After that, i believe the stage is then completed. To my knowledge, nobody has ever mentioned pF ever winning predator completely
        • Dec 7, 2010
          Yes, that's what I am referring to. After the steps are climbed to trigger the final bridge for crossing the stage is completed. And yes, I've seen it won here in pF multiple times.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Really? I beg to differ. As far as I know, the only times it's been won have been non-legit (something in the map got bugged / didn't function correctly). If we had beat it legit, we'd have a big "PF WON PRED" thread with videos and demos and people would be talking about it. To my knowledge, we have still not beaten Ultimate with no bugs / glitches.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 7, 2010
            Isn't it a little presumptuous of you substituting my observations with your preconceptions?
            Sadly I have monitored the play of predator for several hundred hours and have not visited any other escape servers. If the final stage of the level isn't the crossing of the final bridge after defeating the predator then I have not seen the actual finale.
          • Feb 1, 2011
            Woah - I wasn't trying to preconceive a presumed substitution or anything like that. All I'm saying is I thought we hadn't beaten ultimate, and if we did, I'm surprised so many people still think we haven't. As far as I can tell, its pretty much the biggest goal for ZE and everyone wants to see it happen. If it had, I figured people would be knowledgeable of that fact and talking about it.