Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Shadeslayers09

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by gaba gaba, Aug 13, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 27, 2016
    Shadeslayers09 froze me for allegedly cade breaking. The map was downtown and he was in the pipe room with the cade set up with a few other people with him, one of them was Zack. There was a few other people wanting to get in, and some of them were shooting at the cade. I was just standing in front of the cade flashing my flashlight to see if they would let me in. I thought shadeslayers was cool with me, I've never had an issue with him before. For some reason he thought it was me shooting and he froze me after I already turned into a first zombie and zteled away because I don't back stab, and threatened to kick/ban me for arguing with him.

Now normally I don't report people, especialy for something this minor, but shadeslayers is a terrible admin and should admit he fucked up. I don't have a demo maybe shade has one? I just have some SS from the chat. I know this complaint probably won't do anything but this guys an asshole with 3 h's :smile:

Attached Files:

2. May 27, 2016
    Oh btw, I'm not really sure if that spot is really considered a cade? It's just 1 vendi and nothing else just flat on the ground. You know that spot in the room with the pipes.
  3. Jul 14, 2010
    You are right this is very minor and probably wouldn't warrant us doing anything severe or dishing out punishment to the admin, but it is good to bring these type of discussions to the forums to clarify and make sure admins and players are on the same page. We don't want this to turn into a grudge and have continuous beef going on the servers because of a little misunderstanding. Anyways, this goes for all admins. If you aren't 100% sure someone broke a rule, then it is okay to let it slide if you second guess yourself. We've all had times, for instance, when we think someone drops a quick slur on the mic, but aren't exactly sure if we misheard it, especially when a few people are talking on the mic simultaneously. Best to just let it slide until it happens again. We do wanna stay ahead of players that will break the rules, but at the same time we have to exercise caution so the innocents don't get wrongly punished.

In this case with cade breaking, if there are like 3-5 people in front of a barricade and you aren't sure if one of them is breaking it or all of them, it's best to just give out a blanket warning or name the players you are certain are doing the breaking.

In short, just make sure you are 99% sure you are warning the right player and not getting ahead of yourself. It's okay to warn someone for something they did 30 seconds to a minute ago making sure it was the right person, then having to get it out right then and there.
  4. Jun 22, 2016
    I am 99.999% positive he was shooting the cade, Zack will back my claims that he was shooting it. I was specifically watching both Gaba and Astuf as both were trying to get in. the shots were coming from gaba's gun (tracers showed it). i frooze him and warned him. he continually tried to argue that it wasn't him.

I hold no grudges against gaba. I hope we can continue to have fun playing the game
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    Zack says in the screenshots its a guy named JAY.

I just want to note as well, freezing guys for cade breaking usually doesn't end well I find. Most times the cade is already broken into, so you're freezing a person inside the cade, or like in this case GABA was a zombie and doesn't need a freeze and he's responsive to messages. Theres also the times the player is frozen when they're like halfway into the cade, then guys inside will shoot the props back into place while the guy is now frozen inside the props which just leads to a bad time, cause he's then unfrozen and stuck in a bunch of props he needs to get out of (and if the admin isn't level 3, they can't use !bring or !teleport to get them out). I definitely don't like freezing players when then have a chance of dying from being frozen as well. I think theres a reason we don't have !freeze in the admin guides under how to deal with cade breakers.

I know this spot with the pipes and the vendy. Were the players who were trying to get in just pushing the vendy to the side so they could squeeze in on the right side of the pipe you step over, or where they shooting it completely out of that small pipe space?

Its a little hard to make a definitive answer I feel with just these screenshots.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I hope you don't mind another LSA putting in their two cents. To me, this does not sound like abuse. When I think of abuse, I think of someone misusing their powers or being malicious. Making a mistake on who did something when you strongly believe it was them and there was a possibly chance they did it doesn't seem like abuse to me. I think if it was just a warning, this would've been so much better. A warning isn't really a discipline or anything, and if you were good like you said, you wouldn't have to worry about anything else like a kick or ban.

I am also not a fan of the !freeze thing. Some admins do it to save the cade (it stops them from shooting), but we rarely catch a cade breaker in time to do this. In fact, we rarely even catch cade breakers since it is too hard for us to watch every single player.
    • May 27, 2016
      You are wrong, I didn't shoot once and you froze me while I was a zombie located at spawn. Can't you admit you might have made a mistake? Also why didn't you warn astuf or any of the other players trying to get in? I don't hold any grudges either it's not a big deal at all. I was a little pissed you wouldn't just take my word for it and you threatened to remove me. I know you and all the other admins and donators and I thought we were cool and you would just know it's me and that I don't ever intentionally break any rules.
    • Jul 23, 2014
      Ok , yes i was in the pipe room with shadeslayer with the vendi on the floor as a cade ...now this is not admin abuse, after the incident with Gaba ..i stated that it was Jay ; because him and another player were shooting at our cade from the other room where they had their cade, and i was pointing out who it was so that shadeslayer could warn them or what have you . now as far as the problem with gaba...i dont have a demo myself , others may. but i will defend shadeslayer in this only because i had Tracers activited and gaba absolutely DID shoot at our vendi to try and pry his way into the pipe room , i think he was trying to say he didnt only to cause bullshit and the fact that he was sour or upset that his actions got himself killed , i dont think he would freeze or threaten to ban Gaba for no reason , ive known shadeslayer to be one of the better admins on this server actually , and from what ive seen ' i have known Gaba to be a pretty awesome =solid player too who i have had no personal problems with . i think this may have been just a bit of an over exaggerated wrong doing on gabas side .. gaba i have no problems with you man , but i saw what i saw , lets just leave it alone .. shadeslayer was not abusing his power , if he banned you for 3 days on the spot then maybe ..that would be abuse , but all he did was freeze you and warn you . get over it . -zack
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I am going to mark this as not abused. Without malicious intent, Shadeslayer froze and warn you believing that you were cade breaking. It is possible that he was wrong about you cade breaking, but we won't ever really know that for sure without a demo.

For the server admin team, this is a good example of why many of the LSAs believe that using !freeze on cade breakers is a bad idea. You guys are still allowed to do it since it is beneficial under some circumstance, but use it with extreme caution. The goal is to save the cade. If the cade is already done for, don't do it. Remember that once you freeze, it's now more than just a warning to the player, and it has disrupted their game play, which is bad if the player was innocent.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.