Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Shit!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Herp Derp, Jul 21, 2013

1. Apr 7, 2013
    Found out girl is prego.... 21 years old and unprepared. I plan on supporting her and being there the entire time. Any advice?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Mar 4, 2012
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Must be a tough day for you. That's why you don't fuck everything you see.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 7, 2013
        in the marines, plan on staying in for 20+ years
        Post Merged, Jul 21, 2013
        Didnt fuck everything i saw dick face ;D, been with the girl for a year.
      • Mar 20, 2011
        Looks like you are derp'd. On a serious note, see if she wants to get an abortion, if she does not to get an abortion and or if you don't want her to and you want the child, start saving money and kiss your life goodbye...
      • Feb 8, 2013
        That means sell your car, your items you have that you love, and forget about the things you want in life, forget your dream, sell your life.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Abort or bust. Does a child really deserve to be raised under extremely less-than-ideal circumstances?

ffs

Edit: If she is adamant about keeping the child. . .then I am sorry. I don't know if I can summon enough pity for you.

And dont NOBODY ever dare start a pro-life/pro-choice shitfest, I will fucking murder you.
        • Agree Agree x 1
          meeko, Jul 21, 2013 Last edited by meeko, Jul 21, 2013
        • Jul 23, 2012
          Pretty much this, if you're not ready for a child, you'll have to do a lot of growing up in the next 7 months(or less depending on how far along she is). It's a stressful thing to go through, I know because I know someone very close to me that had a child at the age of 18. While they came out of it alright, it's not the same story for everyone. My advice to you is talk to your significant other seriously about abortion/adoption. While abortion is a bit taboo to talk about out in the open, it's something that should be seriously considered if you're not mentally, or financially ready to raise a child.
          If you do plan on keeping the child, by all means go for it and early congratulations on being a father, but know that it comes with a massive change in lifestyle that will determine a sizable portion of your future.
        • May 27, 2008
          Abortion isn't the only thing you can do. You have adoption, and sometimes the people adopting might even pay the hospital fees if you're lucky. You know the risks going into things like this.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 19, 2011
            On the serious side and personal story, I take care of my nephew, who will be one this August. My sister and her bf couldn't afford to take care of him. He lives with my gf and I at our house. She is in collegeand works, I am in college and work full time. It is hard to have a social life but we manage. Even though this sweet little boy is not mine nor do I have kids, I treat him like my own. My advice is to grow up. You have many months to prepare yourself for the arrival. I only had a doorbell ring. Since you are in the military, you have the financial stability to support the baby and you have health insurance. That is great compared to many young parents. I wish you the best. Good luck my friend.
            • Like Like x 3
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Sep 14, 2008
              I have to agree with Peter. Abortion to me? Is the lazy way out. If you were not ready to have a kid, then don't have sex :razz:. The baby deserves a life too. There are other things in life that could benefit a child.
              • Like Like x 4
              • Agree Agree x 3
              • Apr 1, 2012
                file a complaint to the company that manufactured the contraception you used.
                that's a start.
              • Apr 9, 2012
                This is always a very heating discussion, and I usually have different opinion than most (what in my eyes the almost stereotypical answers are).

Abortion or not is a heavy decision, and so far I feel for myself would be the decision of the girl entirely. If you are around 21 years old, well that is very young, I mean usually people really need that childhood to have experienced to the end, because if not (for many reasons that could be other than having a child at very young age) you're gonna live your childhood at older ages, like around 50 or more (or less). I'm not taking this randomly out of my pocket, I've seen it with a lot of other couples who had the same problems, or who divorced due to forced marriage etc...

But, what I really don't tend to think is that abortion is wrong. It certainly is not natural, I mean nature decided to start the procedure of creating a baby. Yes, I didn't say it decided to born the baby yet!
                What I mean is that there are certain stages during the proces of the creation of the baby, I think around 5 months before the baby really starts taking the form of a human.

This is usually where opinions start flaming each other. In my opinion, abortion is absolutely not a problem as long as the 'baby' is absolutely unexistent to the world, in other words it's just a cell or still extremely small, in such a condition that it is absolutely unaware of any feelings, pain whatsoever, which it also wouldn't probably at later stage, but that is another problem (abortion becomes more problematic as well at later stages).
                But what would be my opinion in your case? I don't know... 21 for sure is very young, though here in Belgium there have been a lot of cases where there were children with the age of 16-20, and the worst I've known is 15, though it was on a program on which I wouldn't even know for sure if it wasn't just show (I don't even understand there were programs about this, that made it look like the style of MTV = rubbish).

Still, 21 is so young, and I'm 20 myself. There is absolutely no way in the world I would be able to take care properly for a baby, the way it deserves it. I agree with Dani that it deserves a life, but no one deserves a miserable life with bare care and chances of parents getting off-world for many reasons. And no, I'm not stating that it will go that way would two decide to keep the baby, but it's just precaution because it does happen, a lot, to these kind of child-families. So personally, if I would be in your place, I would want to get abortion if it's still not too late. Despite that, girls/woman have different points of view, which I totally understand, and they are the ones who carry the baby after all. Whatever she decides, it's her choice, and ultimately yours. You can however try to convince her, for your own reasons, and listen to what she says, and you'll find an answer somewhere eventually.

If she takes it, I wouldn't be able to give you the correct advice on how to deal with it, but my guess would be to adapt to life (and no not sell it away or whatever), but certainly don't you ever dare to walk away from the girl and baby, because it's something you could probably never forgive yourself. If it comes to world, it does need you because you are his daddy, which he does need. Also that would be a very lazy and lower-than-possible turnaway, cheap resolution of the 'problem'.
                If not, then you can resume life, but better be careful next time.

I hope this was of some help :smile:
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Apr 9, 2007
                  • Zing! Zing! x 3
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • May 15, 2011
                      My mother had me and a 2nd child by the time she was 17 without a husband, if you both have jobs and are willing to support eachother and the child I see no problem. Might be hard but it's in no way ruining your life.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Mar 12, 2008

Always carry at least 2 in my wallet.

You're implying any was used.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Jun 6, 2013
                          Go to college. If you want a clear future you must weather 4 years of college and a full time job. Trust me my father dropped out of high school got a girl pregnant ,the girl left he wanted the child and he made the decision to got to college after living in a the projects for a while he completed college and it was clear skies ahead. You will have to make a big decision miss the child's first years so that it will have the best future possible.
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Oct 29, 2010
                            Shopping bag protection is best protection