Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

!shop !credits

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by hzrd ヅ, Aug 3, 2019

Do you think there should be a shop on ZM and other Plaguefest servers?

Yes 32 vote(s) 88.9%
No 4 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Feb 10, 2017
    I'm sure many of you know how shops work on CSS servers. Well if you don't, a shop is basically a plugin where you can buy cosmetic items with credits that you earn by playing the server, killing other players, or possibly by donating to the server ($1=1000 credits)

What would be in the store: Hats/Glasses/Pets/Grenade Trails/Chat Tags/Skins(more info below)/Player Trails(more info below).
    But there could also be things added such as self beacon for 500 credits or 1 nomination for 500 credits. These are just examples of things that could also be added into a store apart from just cosmetics.

Skins:I know that there are certain requirements for skins to be allowed on the server but we could put the less popular donator/admin skins into the shop. The less popular skins that I see around the server are Female, Father Gregory, and Mossman. The people who have donator and admins will still keep access to these skins but it could give regular players a chance to have skins as humans too. We could also add the Terrorist from MG and the Festive Santa skin into the shop.

Trails: Brian has shown some concern regarding trails and how it can make ZM look like a circus. I do agree with his point but there could be a way to toggle trails on and off just like toggling tracers.

Opportunities: If a credit and shop system is implemented into ZM and other servers, it could lead to many opportunities around special events where credits could be given out or there could be certain days of the week where there is 2x credits (1 kill=2 credits instead of 1) There could also be monthly rankings introduced where top 3 players receive credits. My point is that a credit and shop system can open many doors of opportunity to this community.

Betting: Could bet on humans or zombies to win the round and could possibly win credits off of other's bets.
    !bet humans 200 and !bet zombies 4000

For donators and admins: Donators and admins will still have access to their usual skins and other powers that they receive when they purchase these upgrades. Something else that can be added upon purchasing these upgrades could be maybe 2000 credits or so.

So why should we implement a shop?
    As sad as it is, there is no denying the fact that both CSS and ZM are slowly dying. Player counts have been significantly lower than before and maybe its because players don't really have anything to play for. Adding a shop will definitely spice things up and make players actually play for something.

We could start off with a small shop to test it on PF servers and gain feedback from the community on what they like and what they don't like. Feel free to leave feedback or suggestions in the replies. <3 pet hatandglasses pikahat pedobear
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
      hzrd ヅ, Aug 3, 2019 Last edited by hzrd ヅ, Aug 3, 2019
    • Mar 29, 2015
      Sounds like a great idea. @Brian What do you think?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Apr 26, 2015
        I'm for it. I don't see why it doesn't hurt to try it if we keep the store simple to start with (chat tags, hats, glasses) and keep skins for donator+ imo.

I think it would liven up what we've got right now. I know in the past we've only added skins that fit the 'theme' of the server, but at the same time we need something to freshen this up a bit cause its getting stale.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Aug 3, 2019
          I think it would be an awesome idea, i think pf needed something like this to help keep ppl interested in playing and possibly to attract more players. What ever happend to the mother zombie skin? for a while tht to was an awesome idea
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Dec 15, 2016
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Jul 7, 2014
              I'm 100% for this. I think we should've done this a long time ago but better late than never.. Right?

Also, I think we should consider implementing this if we ever move to CS:GO and start off on the right, creative path.
            • Apr 9, 2007
              What if we offered Kombucha as opposed to credits?
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 10, 2017

For the person who voted no, can you share any problem that you see with implementing a shop?
              • Mar 29, 2015

Always gunna have a couple trolls :frown: still great idea tho :grin:
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Oct 1, 2017
                  what i would love to have in the shop is a hat that is a watermelon that explodes when shot by other players. it was on an old riot server i used to play on and was funny as all hell lol. just an idea
                  • Like Like x 3
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Mar 1, 2018
                    The whole idea is cancelled now. I like this the idea of a store with skins/hats/whatever, as long as it doesn’t slow the server down.
                  • Mar 29, 2015
                    It may slow you down your very first time on the server like it did for me on others ( extra 10-20 seconds first time load then always fast)
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Feb 10, 2017
                      Pretty much what Oxa said. The first time would take longer since you're downloading the store items but after that you should have no issue. It's basically like downloading a new map.
                    • Dec 3, 2016
                    • Aug 12, 2017
                    • Aug 28, 2018
                      Suggestion: adding tiers and or perks on donators based on how long they have been a straight donor would be awesome
                      • Like Like x 2
                      • Apr 26, 2015
                        Some shop items can be restricted to VIP, so those with donator+ would be the only ones who could purchase a specific item with credits.

I play on HG Crackhouse often and their store used to have TOONNNSSS of items until CSS started going more down in pop. Now they have a few select items mostly for VIP and a few others available for regular players.

We did get a faster DL server this year so the times shouldn't be too bad.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Jul 6, 2018
                        • Feb 10, 2017
                          Depending on the size of the shop, this is a good idea. It adds another incentive to purchase account upgrades
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • The Real Beldar ConeHead
                            This message by The Real Beldar ConeHead has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Aug 4, 2019.
                            Aug 4, 2019
                          • Jul 13, 2011
                            let us use our loyalty points yo, they are fucking useless.