Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Should I purchase this?

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by MuffinFuhrer, Oct 29, 2011

1. Sep 26, 2010
    Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on (I'm doggy sitting currently without access to a computer or internetz :verymad:smile: but I was able to get this in quick and painlessly :thumbsup: I'd like to know your opinions on whether this is a good buy or not for a SSD...I'm not that savvy when it comes to hardware or software and would love an extra opinion before I make a purchase!

2. Apr 2, 2011
    No... buy me it :thumbsup:
  3. Jun 23, 2010
    No. Get the Crucial M4.
  4. Oct 27, 2010
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    Ok, I can see that would be a better choice just from consumer reports and product reviews alone! Now is it true that I would have to reload any programs I wanted to run more efficiently onto the SSD itself? If so, would it be wise to purchase an external HD to save all of my data?

This one looked good to me :razz:

6. Nov 29, 2010
    Take the HDD out of the case and slap it into your computer, boom
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    The OCZ has better write performance than Crucial M4's

Crucial M4

OCZ Solid 3

8. Jul 1, 2010
  9. Sep 6, 2010
    No, at first one. Way too overpriced for only 120 GB
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    I heard the OCZ SSD hard drives had reliability issues. Not sure if they have fixed that now or not
  11. Jun 23, 2010
    Most of the time its luck. You can get a good stable SSD, or sometimes you can get one that will fail soon. But like I said, A lot of people like Crucial M4 plus you get a extra boost from a patch they made to fix the bugs.
  12. Jul 1, 2010
    I'd really like to get a HyperX or a Wildfire but they are expensive >.>

The short time I had my OCZ though I didn't notice any issues, was very easy to install and worked flawlessly.
  13. Apr 9, 2007
    Intel has a new line of SSDs. You should wait if you can.