Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

should i

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by chet, Sep 29, 2012

1. Apr 20, 2011
    So I want to update my card driver so I check it and it was Nvidia geforce 8600 gt (2009) so I am wonder will it help me in gaming? And is there something eles I need to know before doing it?
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    You need a new video card for any new gen game. Even for it's time it was a budget card.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
  3. May 14, 2011
    You should update your gpu drivers on a regular basis anyway. It helps with stabilty of the card and how it runs with certain games and with complex things I don't understand.

Just update it. Its like a windows update. Most of the time you can't see the effect but it still helps somehow. :O
  4. Oct 29, 2010

-_-
  5. Jun 18, 2012
    I remember people saying that technology atm is further developed than the games can take pu at this moment. So wouldn't it be useless to get a new video card for this gen games?
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    That may be the case for current gen cards, but his is three years old.
  7. Jun 18, 2012
    You're right. I was talking about the ones being sold now though. However my question is kinda invalid then ... BAN ME I'VE BEEN BAD.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      If you have an CPU running with your current GPU, then you would have to upgrade both the CPU and GPU simultanously I think...
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Only assuming that he has an embedded GFX card on his motherboard.

And chet, do you want to update the drivers to your video card? Or do you want to get a new video card?
    • May 14, 2011
      On top of that the 8600 was never a gaming card (not saying it didn't work) the 8800 was.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2