Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Shoultzy's Hide And Seek Chain Of Events @UPDATED 11/21/2012@ DEADLINE@ ReRead EVERYTHING@

Discussion in Setup an Event started by shoultzy, Oct 25, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 21, 2012
    Hello Everybody, and welcome to Shoultzy's Hide And Seek (In The Making) Thread :smile:

Some of you may not know me.. Well probably most of you. But I was thinking to myself, "How can I contribute to the community?" I Came up with a great idea of starting a "Chain of Events Event". This will consist of a whole "season" of a Hide And Seek game. Some of you may know of the Brackets sport lovers use to keep track of their favorite teams wins and losses and such. That is how the game will be set up. There will be rules, Requirements of course, the make up.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 11/30/2012

UPDATE: I'm going to start bumping this thread daily. Lately I have been having some requests to start this back up!
    1. 2-4 Teams.
    2. You will be randomly matched up with your team. Just submit for a spot and once we have 20 people we will randomly select the teams!

Description:
    Basically.
    There are specific Hide And Seek maps in the minigame server
    I've never done them but have been told that one of the teams hides as items and the other team has to find them
    So basically there will be 2-4 team consisting of 5 players each.
    We are doing brackett style.
    AKA(http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2009/index.php)
    I will make a brackett and copy and paste it here later
    So teams face eachother and whoever gets 10 wins first moves onto the next round set at another date against another team
    Etc etc until the last 2 teams face off (That is why there is only 1st and 2nd place prizes)
    The team that wins gets the grand prize and has an automatic spot reserved for the next Hide And Seek Event I post up (Aka Chain Of Events Event) lol

Recruitment: I am looking for 3 Other Admins+ to be my Co-Host's. I need 3 more so that we can have 2 watching each team to make sure they are playing fairly at all times.
    Also If i'm not available on some day I have 3 others to take over and help while i'm gone.

1. Dharkk
    2. Retslag1
    3. (Empty)
    If you would like to apply for these 2(maybe 3) spots PM me
    You have to have been an admin for 1 month.

Make Up:

The Chain of Events Event like I said above will be Hide And Seek
    This part I will be looking for help from the Community, Yes You!
    I need some opinions from anybody I can, Once I have enough opinions
    My Co-Hosts and I will go through them all and vote on which will be best
    suited for this Event.

1. Maps? (Must be a Mini-Game Map) We need a total of 5 maps, So choose wisely.
    2. Any Rules you think should be in place?
    3. When we have a list of maps let us know of any spots that you think should be (Illegal) During the event.
    4. (Blank)
    The 4th is left blank because I cannot think of anything else right meow, so if anybody has any ideas as to anymore Make Up ideas Just post below.

Requirements:

The Requirements consist of what is required for you to join this event. If you do not meet the requirements you cannot join/participate in ANY of the Chain of Events Event.
    1. Little to no bans. (The 4 hosts will decide on if you are allowed)
    2. Be a member of the pF Community obviously
    3. Have at least 10+ posts (To ensure that we don't get any trolls as best as we can)
    4. (Blank)
    Option 4+ are up for discussion

Rules:
    Rules will consist of things you can and can't do during the game or before the events, etc.
    1. If you are already signed up for the Event and get Banned from any pF server for ANY reason your team will need to find a new person
    2. No Illegal Spots (Will be set up if any)
    3. No Hacks (Duh?)
    4. No talking on Mics. Only event hosts will be allowed on mics
    5. Regular Server Rules still apply
    6. The Same Team can only repeat maps twice
    7. If you are spotted you cannot move or run away. If you are found, you are found.

The Game:
    Now this is what you need to know to make a team.

1. The Event will consist of 2-4 teams
    2. 5 Players Each Team
    3. 10 Rounds Each Game ( 5 CT - 5 T) First to 10 wins

4+ is up for discussion.

And Lasty, PRIZES

1st Place: $10 sent to each players paypal
    2nd Place: $5 sent to each players paypal

Add me on steam if you have any questions or want to apply and don't want to post.
    Shoultzy1

Every participant/player submitted into the Event MUST MUST MUST have me added on steam So I can contact ANY of you easily at anytime.
    shoultzy, Oct 25, 2012 Last edited by shoultzy, Nov 21, 2012
  2. Apr 20, 2011
    <-----------------------------------------------------------------
  3. Oct 21, 2012
  4. Apr 20, 2011
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm going to be the one to say it that you will most likely not get 80 participants, just something to plan around if you can.
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      And not to mention 64 players is the maximum allowed on a server.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Agreed. I'm very confused on how this is working out. Maybe add in an in-depth explanation section?
        • May 14, 2011
          Could I suggest teams of 4. We can submit teams of 4 and simply play matches on de_nuke or de_dust2 against each other?

That would be super fun to play, especially if there are prizes involved!
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I like this idea. (As stated above maybe a more in depth description) I'm in if there's anything I can help with.
        • Oct 21, 2012
          Yea I guess I didn't think about the max players in a server :razz:

And what do you guy's not understand?
          Does this make it easier?
          Basically.
          There are specific Hide And Seek maps in the minigame server
          I've never done them but have been told that one of the teams hides as items and the other team has to find them
          So basically there will be 8 Team consisting of 5 players each.
          We are doing brackett style.
          AKA(http://www.nbaplayoffsbracket.com/2009/index.php)
          I will make a brackett and copy and paste it here later
          So teams face eachother and and whoever gets 10 wins first moves onto the next round set at another date against another team
          Etc etc until the last 2 teams face off (That is why there is only 1st and 2nd place prizes)
          The team that wins gets the grand prize and has an automatic spot reserved for the next Hide And Seek Event I post up (Aka Chain Of Events Event) lol
        • May 14, 2011
          via http://youtu.be/6utE5APd4wA

Hide and Seek was all about ghosting, this is DEFINITELY not work as a competition.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Oct 21, 2012
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Oct 21, 2012
              Yay :grin: Retslag to the rescue! I got scared for a second
              Post Merged, Oct 25, 2012
              I Have work in 2 hours and 20 mins.
              So I won't be on after that for another 5-8 hours. Will respond to all posts after that
            • May 14, 2011
              Ghosting through steam IMs. I wonder how you will tackle that. :O
            • Oct 29, 2010
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Nov 29, 2010

Blind them, kick them upon death.
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • May 15, 2011
                  I like this, but let's up the anti, and ban them for a day. All in or go home.
                • May 14, 2011
                  THIS - People need to finally pay the price for getting found in HnS.
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.