Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial Simple Hammer Fix

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by ΣZΣ | Like a Bauxe, Jun 3, 2013

1. May 27, 2012
    I have seen a few fixes here and there, but most of them are somewhat tedious. Someone from another forum posted this, and gave me permission to post it here. I haven't seen this really anywhere, but when I tried it I was able to edit + compile maps without any problems.

Posting since I didn't see any thread about this method here. Figured it would be useful for anyone who hasn't bothered using a workaround.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 2, 2013
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 8, 2013
        I didnt know this tutorial. Now I can continue the pokemon map :grin:
      • Nov 11, 2011
        This actually solves nothing for me (saw this awhile back on TF2 forums). I'll post a tutorial on how I did it.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        ~C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin
        ~Open hammer.bat
        ~Edit your map
        ~Run your map

If it gives you an error after compile, don't worry about it, just click okay and it should still launch the game. if it doesn't, then just start your game manually and type in your map name. @Kloud told me about that one, and it works like a charm for me.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Wrong. That shit is annoying. Take a few minutes to learn the system instead of just ignoring it. I will post a tutorial in a few.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        ... It's beta hammer... So it's not "wrong", it's just a lazy and easier way of doing it, and i find it compiles everything much quicker. I'd be willing to see what they other method is though, incase i ever need to use it for some reason.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        There are many things broken with the beta compiler.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        That is impossible, since that's the fixed hammer version of Valve. The only thing that 'doesn't work' for me is that my models and texture show up as purple-black in all of the raster views, but in perspective it's perfectly fine and the compiling is as it always has been.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          If nothing is "broke" for you, how are your custom materials/models/sounds in game and hammer?

And do you also have duplicate copies of them?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          All of that works a-okay for me. I used some other fix, but it is just a pain in the ass to manage. This made everything easier and works like it used to.
        • Mar 8, 2013
          the beta SDK works perfectly for me. no problem with custom assets either (I have all my stuff in cstrike/custom/my_custom_stuff). though if there's something wrong with the compiler that isn't apparent, then I'd be interested in knowing.
        • Jun 25, 2013
          Thanks man! Finally i can map again! thank you very much