Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

SKYBOX

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by (n00b) SlayeR [BE], Jul 13, 2014

1. Jun 25, 2013

I need some help with my skybox, i need a minecraft skybox but i can't find one. Someone can help me with this? it's needed for the ZM map.

Thank you!
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    It's allways purple and black boxes if i make a block thats the biggest problem also thanks.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Are you putting the custom textures into the correct directory? You can't just put them anywhere in your materials folder.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    I just put them in materials, in what map do i need to put them?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Skyboxes need to go in materials/skybox. So put your .vtf's and .vmt's need to go in the root of that folder.
    • Jun 25, 2013
    • Feb 27, 2012
      \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\materials\skybox
      my materials folder disagrees with you.
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Dec 10, 2013
        I see what you did there in your Drives Tony
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Jul 20, 2012
          You can also edit the .vmt files to decide where you want your textures and skyboxes to be stored.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          You can, but for the sake of organization purposes, it's easier just to put skyboxes in their proper directory. Especially since that will be the place Hammer looks for Skyboxes.
        • Jun 25, 2013
          It worked very thanks. Also i've another question again but it's really hard, you guys know special items like in ze_harry_potter? Does someone know how you make that?
          (n00b) SlayeR [BE], Jul 15, 2014 Last edited by (n00b) SlayeR [BE], Jul 15, 2014
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I suggest you decompile the map and look at how it is made, but don't copy and paste them into your map without permission!. They'll be made with several different things, and i am not even entirely sure how they're made.
        • Jun 25, 2013
          I can't decompile the map, i use VMEX and if i click decompile nothing happens :frown:
        • Feb 27, 2012