Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Slider Question

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Ghost, Sep 6, 2012

Good Idea

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Nope 2 vote(s) 25.0%
I just wanna vote! 6 vote(s) 75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 14, 2011
    Well I know I am being very picky, but if its something that can be done quickly, is there any chance you could make a tick box in account options that disables the slider, its just something that is unnecessary for regulars to the forums.

Looked great at the start but on a small laptop screen it takes up a large portion of the page every time I reload the page.

Thanks

P.S.:If this isn't a quick fix then don't bother!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Could I see a screenshot as I'm not sure what you are talking about :razz:, just curious.
    • May 14, 2011
      The big ad on the front page that flicks between promoting ze and zm
      Post Merged, Sep 6, 2012
      Well brian said no so can be :handcuffs:
    • Jan 11, 2012
      I'm also on a 15,6" Laptop and I don't find it that big
    • May 14, 2011
      But just to make the point this is the view of my whole current screen. lol

Capture
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Yeah not gonna make this an option. We use the slider to announce bigger shit and if I give people the option to disable it, they'll never see anything new or potentially important, admin/donator sales etc. It's only live when we feel we need it to be. Better to leave it as is, but if you persoonally really have an issue with it then you can create your own script and hide it very easily. Depending on your browser, get an addon that allows you to apply custom CSS to a site based on a URL or something, and add the following CSS
      Code:
      .sliderContainer {display:none}
      I don't recommend this but whatever floats your boat.
    • May 14, 2011
      Ah alright. Well when i get back to my 24" pc screen i wont mind again but on this laptop screen the news and announcements almost start at the bottom of my page lol. Was just an observation.
    • May 15, 2011
      Or make a bookmark that takes you to the forums directory, and avoid ever going to the Home page.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        Post Merged, Sep 6, 2012
        I demand :handcuffs: ! :razz:
      • Apr 12, 2012
        It doesn't matter to me one way or the other (I just load the forums page usually and skip the home page), but I think its worth pointing out that even when scrolled to the top of the screen of my 42" monitor at 1920x1080 resolution, I can barely see down to the bottom of the 'plaguechat' area on the right.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        The banner is there for notification purposes and or what's going on with the community. The whole reason it exists is to inform you. Its supposed to be in your face, that's our home page. I highly suggest using the forums page if your wanting to chat using plaguechat.

Thanks!
      • May 14, 2011
        But watching a scrolling zombie banner for 2 months from our point of view is slightly unnecessary. I understand the value for the guests to the site as it helps direct them to the thread. Hence I proposed a disable button. Even if we could disable THAT banner so if you make a new one we had to go back to the page and re-disable it.

But I don't see this happening. :smile:
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Has it really been up for two months? I don't even think its been a month :s
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Been about 2.5 weeks. We're still seeing traffic from all the shit about ZMGO so we're keeping it up a bit longer to direct people easily. This is really a nit-picky ordeal...

I'm locking this.
          • Like Like x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.