Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Slow download

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by ™Chaos™, May 2, 2015

1. Apr 13, 2015
    Is it just me or does downloading in cmg take forever?
    Im talking about the Mini game server in PF.
    Not talking about my computer download files from the internet.
    ™Chaos™, May 2, 2015 Last edited by ™Chaos™, May 2, 2015
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    torrenting of adult content can cause such symptoms
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sep 7, 2010
      I still have an aol disk if you want to upgrade to 56k, as it is the interwebs of the future
    • Apr 13, 2015
      .. Smh guys. Reread my post. You must have misread
    • Jan 21, 2011
    • Apr 13, 2015
      Lol @ seeker's picture. But seriously though, anyone else get the slow download from mg?
    • Oct 24, 2013
      If I remember correctly it's not Plaguefest's main priority server and thus is not given much to work with. Somebody from mgmt said something about this not too long ago.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Apr 13, 2015
      5 posts and none has really answered my question. Stop beating around the bush lol...
    • Oct 24, 2013

I swear I heard this discussion about it either being hosted on a lesser form or something to that extent. I know I've experienced some sluggish performance on there before while playing solo.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Oct 24, 2013
      Do you have an antivirus program running in the background that perhaps has a silent mode you can try enabling to see if that causes the downloads to be better?
      I'm assuming you don't have issues anywhere else. Do you have an ethernet performance monitoring program running at all? I used to have a lot of lagging issues until I deleted a program that came as a utility on my bios.
      If it's something just on that particular server and nobody else experiences slow downloads from there I would recommend looking at any kind of CSS script for FPS increases you have for the game. If you do, then it may be something that is a download type from that type of map type or server command that is interfering with your game. It could be as simple as changing something from 0 to 1 or so on.