Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

sm_bring your friends!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Detonator, Jun 25, 2013

1. Sep 25, 2010
    I thought zm could more fun if friends had a way to bring each other to their positions by use of a command similar to sm_bring but with these modifications:

1)You may only bring people on your team (avoid griefing).
    2)The person being brought has to confirm before the action can happen (avoid trolling).
    3)Humans may only bring each other until zombies have spawned (avoid cheating; human bringing another to save their life).
    4)Each human has a limited # of brings.

I might have missed a few problems that can pop up if so bring them up and we can discuss.

I want to discuss point 4 because I'm not too sure of it. The motivation behind it was that having something around 5+ humans in one spot due to anti-stick can unbalance spots and humans don't need any more advantages on zm. But does having many people camp one spot make it easier to defend with anti-stick?
    • Like Like x 6
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 4
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Cool idea, but yes, it is easier to defend with anti-stick (i assume anti-stick = noblock?). Especially with the anti-stack plugin, which allows knives and bullets to travel through team members, it makes noblock'd groups of CTs almost impossible to get to. Maybe if you limited it to 1-2 'bring's per map, instead of per round?
    • Sep 25, 2010

Only exists on ze and this is the main reasons I'm not sure if it actually helps.

Why per map and not round?
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Ah, well it does help on ze, but the point is moot if its not installed on zm.

I suggested that because I thought zm had the anti-stack plugin. If it doesnt, no need to limit it. Stacked CTs in a spot without anti-stack plugin will have a harder time than the same number of CTs in the same spot when they are not stacked.
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Interesting. What I can see as a problem as mentioned above is trolling.
      Not to be a party pooper but I can already see people trolling each using the sm_bring command.

I'm not sure if I understand point 2 correctly.

When you say "The person being brought has to confirm the action can happen", do you mean that he just answers Yes or No?
      Would be cool if maybe a window could pop up saying something like "<player name> wants to bring you to their position. Accept?" "No" "Yes". I don't know if this is possible at all, just a suggestion or maybe this was something you already thought about.:dontknow:
    • Sep 25, 2010
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 24, 2012
        Sounds like a pretty good idea.:thumbsup:
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Sounds like a good idea Pedonator. :grin:
      • Jun 23, 2010
        I like the idea. I wanna see how it works in action tho :razz:
      • May 31, 2012
        I really like your idea Det, I love showing people stupid spots that work and sometimes they get lost along the way. :grin:
      • Aug 2, 2010

The big question: Who is going to be making the plugin and testing it for bugs?
      • Feb 3, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Feb 8, 2013
          I don't really know if this will work out, because this can be another exploit to avoid death. Anyways, maybe it won't hurt to give it a try. I just don't want it to be like a teleportation game.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          When I asked Deto, he says even zombies can bring zombies. I don't know if it'll separate it bring like that.
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I hope he has an explanation for that, if what you're claiming is correct. Don't see why zombies should be able to bring each other, other than possibly making the game unbalanced.
        • Sep 25, 2010
          Why are you guys leaving cryptic answers?
        • Dec 27, 2012
        • Sep 25, 2010
          Fine. Should zombies be allowed to to bring people to their position to help kill humans? @Momo, @Orange, @Tony the Tiger!! :D, @dillinger and zm people any input?

I'm starting to think we should only start out with 1 bring per ct and no brings for zombies. There is no need for zombie to be able to bring people to them other than to be quicker and save time.
        • Aug 2, 2010
          Don't want abuse and simplify the coding process? Disable plugin after zombies have spawned.
          • Like Like x 1