Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Smartphone Repairs

Discussion in Media Devices started by Seurot, Oct 28, 2013

1. Oct 7, 2011
    I recently cracked the outer screen on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and have to replace the screen. Has anybody done something like this before, and how did you get the adhesive to separate from between the outer and inner screen?

The last time I did this, I just replaced the entire module, but can't see myself dropping $140 on a new part, where $130 of it still works fine.
  2. Oct 13, 2011
    Oh yeah. I used a heat gun to melt that glue between the lcd and glass screen. You can try using a hair dryer but I'm not really sure if its going to work. Also, be very careful if you decide to repair it on your own, because you can damage your lcd when you are using the heat gun.

I bought this from ebay and sold the phone after I fixed it. lulz. I'm happy with my s4 right now.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    I used a hair dryer when i was trying to get my iPod apart, it's the same deal with the glue.