Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Sneaky Peek zm_Island

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Sicachu, Nov 19, 2015

1. Jan 3, 2013
    Here is a sneaky peek of a map I'm currently working on. I would say the size of this map is about medium size. It is currently about 60% done so far.:search::hammer:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 2
    • Feb 8, 2013
      How a map looks says a lot about the mapper. Put some effort into your maps, man. Don't just throw stuff together.
    • Jun 29, 2014
      be thankful a mapper is actually doing it for zm instead of ze....
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Who cares what they map for? That wasn't my point. Do your best, not just slap shit together so you have less to do.

If you're talking about Satin Storm, he's a GREAT mapper. He makes many mappers look like shit. I may not like how his maps play out, but no one can say he doesnt put time into his maps. It takes hundred of hours for him to construct those maps.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jun 29, 2014
          Don't even know who that is, at least a zm map is being made
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Aug 2, 2014
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Jan 3, 2013
              Whoa whoa whoa! Chill out guys. Do I sense a fire in here?:devil: Calm down. Can't you see the Title of this thread, the last time I checked does not say zm_LetsFite.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Satin Storm is Sofuto Kurimu. He made many of the newer zm maps we currently have on our list. I'm not being unappreciative of her work though. I get it. I may come off sounding like I'm unthankful, but I actually am thankful. Why wouldn't I be? Thanksgiving is next week.
              • Jun 29, 2014
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Mar 26, 2012
                  @Orange You are inexcusably rude. This is a forum where you have time to think about what you are saying before clicking the post reply button. You even have the option to hit the edit button after you've said something stupid and pray that nobody saw what you said. It is already too late for this thread unfortunately. Absolutely unacceptable behavior.
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  See it the way you want. I'll be honest with you, like I always have been. I'm pretty straight forward and quite frankly, I near never regret what I say, and if I don't like what I've said, obviously I'll edit it. I edit my comments more often than you think to try not to hurt you guys. Quit whining about me being a dick, because you guys got that shitty image of me being that kind of person. You'll keep making those poor assumptions of what I'm not. If you don't like my posts, remove them. You don't even need permission. For all I care, I'll continue to post as long as I coexist with pF.
                  Post Merged, Nov 19, 2015
                  I'm sorry, Jessica, for making your thread all weird. I'll give you my personal apology though. You understand the advice I'm trying to give, right?
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    Orange, Nov 19, 2015 Last edited by Orange, Nov 20, 2015
                  • Oct 29, 2010
                    We have enough gorgeous maps that play like shit, I'd much prefer the other way around.
                    • Agree Agree x 3
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Oct 24, 2015
                      I agree with Momo there is a lot of beautiful maps out there that just flat out suck and are only aesthetically pleasing. Also keep up the work Sicachu, mapping is very time consuming within itself so never listen to negative comments from others, especially when they have never taken the time to map their selves. Not throwing shade at you Orange, I get your comment but she is a beginner and this is her first project from my understanding. Anyway if you need pointers Sicachu you know where to contact me.
                      • Like Like x 4
                      • Mar 8, 2013
                        never thought I'd be subject to such passive-aggression for... making maps for one game mode and not the other? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mind your optimization when making wide-open maps, sica.

also, too much water.
                      • Jan 3, 2013
                        Yes, I will try to improve my learning in mapping. But I believe sometime it is a good way to look at the negative comments, that way you can know what is wrong. At the same time, I know some are useless, but it is good to have criticism, but if they are being rude, I don't take it too personally.

Ok babe. I threw the water at the beginning just to see how much I might need later on. But will take some out.
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Mar 29, 2015
                          Looking good i like it, seems like something new to what we have already. Cant wait.
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Feb 27, 2012
                            @Sicachu my only dislike is the long platform to the little island barn thingy. it seems way too far away from everything and that you have to run half way acrosss the map to get to.
                          • Jun 17, 2014

RIP
                          • Jan 3, 2013
                            I get what you are saying. I'm gonna have a thing you can ride on at the barn, and in order to do it, you gonna have to either swim or run to it (cost and benefit). It's gonna be a boat or flying ship around the map.

It's ok @Bapple, I know I don't have a fast running computer. But there is one thing special about this computer is that I can still sliced apples(you) with my 15 FPS. :razzdrunk: :worship::zombiekiller:
                            • Zing! Zing! x 2
                            • Like Like x 1
                              Sicachu, Nov 22, 2015 Last edited by Sicachu, Nov 22, 2015
                            • Aug 25, 2009
                              Whose your daddy?
                              He rich like me?