Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Snowstorm coming from Canada to nj/ny

Discussion in In The News started by Super Mario, Feb 7, 2013

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Stay off the roads people. This is a really huge storm up to 18+ inches that is coming tomorrow starting in the afternoon and the storm is coming from the northeast. It will be a blizzard.
    Essex county schools got early dismissals. I have no clue aother the other schools. Hopefully, power doesn't run out and people stay safe.
    http://www.longmeadow.org/news/snow-storm-february-8th-2013/
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Yeah thats not the only one that's coming o.O There is also a major storm that is going to move NE from the south... they are already prepping/reporting to us here in Ohio for it and it isn't even supposed to hit until next Friday.
    • Nov 29, 2012
      I would love to see that kind of snow. Already summer time here basically. :I Hope everyone getting that blizzard stays safe though!
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Yeah when the tv/radio stations are telling me to only travel if necessary it really sucks. It also sucks that I can't skip work due to extremely important stuff that I'm heading....Fraking sucks
    • Oct 22, 2012
      will be "working" form home tomorrow :angel:
    • Apr 14, 2011
      On west coast, were all clear... I mean we have rain ^.^
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Tomorrow in maine, we're getting a north'easta, lawl. I'm prepared for up to 18 inches in 12 hours. No school! :>
      • Sep 6, 2010
        We've already been hit with a massive snow storm this afternoon and evening. It took me over 2 hours to get home from work. Roads are really slippery and traffic is extremely slow. Tomorrow will be more of it coming.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
        • Apr 9, 2007
          We have our own snow storm heading north (towards Quebec tomorrow), you guys have a monsoon that hasn't even touched Canada yet.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the storms both originated in the states.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Sep 6, 2010
            Update: The storm hit my city pretty hard this morning and throughout the day. Massive snowfall and wind. Main roads were okay but once I got to a small road I got stuck (no winter tires and no AWD/4WD). It took me maybe an hour to shovel my way into the garage.
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Oct 17, 2011
              Yeah sucks. I think it snowed about 2 feet in some areas. I can't even see anything outside right now. I can't wait to go shovel tomorrow evening if snow stops.
            • Oct 22, 2012
              Yeah, a foot aof snow sux....had to pull out the snow rake (who knows what that is, huh?)
            • Aug 1, 2011
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Aug 18, 2006
              • Oct 17, 2011
                Well good news. I made a little cash today from shoveling and snow gotmup to 3 feet in some areas. One person died from the snowstorm.
                On Monday, it will rain and the temperature will raise up to 46 degrees.
              • Jul 1, 2010
                In reality in some of the hardest hit areas...

05_iWitnessNemoA_TWC_980x551

10_iWitnessNemoA_TWC_980x551

18_iWitnessNemoA_TWC_980x551
              • Jul 20, 2010
                Not much snow, just an over hyped storm is all. Hell that's normal snow fall for the Sierra mountains over here during the winter.
              • Jul 1, 2010
                Storm isn't over in those pictures, and there aren't as many people in the Sierra mountains. Some areas got over 40 inches (overall)/4 inches per hour (not sure about how much these areas got) with wind gusts up to 60 mph. Comparing mountain snowfall to very populous large area is kinda dumb..

Lets also remember that these people just got over a hurricane not that long ago.
                Dharkk, Feb 10, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Feb 10, 2013