Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

So Brexit's gonna be a thing

Discussion in In The News started by atxdragon, Jun 23, 2016

1. May 31, 2012
    You have politicians that are for it and are actively pushing for a referendum. I don't know how the situation is in other EU countries, but I think either you or Denmark will be the next ones trying to give it a go, and with 2-3 members gone it'll hopefully crash. Spain has virtually no euroskeptic parties, and all of our politicians talk ideological shit without giving a fuck about the loads of people having a real tough time (76% youth unemployment in the region where I live!). Although we would be worse off since the EU gives us more than we give back, I think it would also force politicians to actually try to solve issues instead of being dependent on others and having our democracy slowly taken away from us.

I've read that only 36% of the young people voted. The whining I've been seeing of twitter after the fact, and them blaming older people for 'ruining their future' is baffling. People that put the blame on others when they take the wrong decision (i.e. not going to vote if you actually want to) put me on my nerves.
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    I find it stupid that the young people are blaming the old people for the UK leaving the EU. The older people were around before there was an EU and before the EU went to shit so they have a great idea of why they should leave the EU. Where as most of the young people were born into the EU so they don't know anything of how it was before hand. The young people are also fed a bunch of bullshit from leftist parties that want to strengthen the EU and turn it into a centralized government that rules over Europe. The young in my opinion would be the worst ones to vote since their so easily manipulated since they don't tend to do research and take everything that is said to them as if it's the word of god.

I do hope that Netherlands and France, Austria and Denmark leave as well so it shows that other countries can leave the EU as well. The EU should have just stayed as a trading bloc, but the unelected politicians that lead the EU want more power and want more control over people.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    I have no idea about politics, I follow it but not in detail, so I can't know whether them leaving the EU is good/bad. All I heard is that there were made promises to the people of UK, and that the day after one of their leaders said "Oh sorry, didn't mean to lie to you but I did anyways".

Did they really lie about their promises? If so, maybe people at UK still don't understand what is happening right now. Just like the wall of Berlin, the moment it got constructed, the majority of people only realised it too late and then were stuck there. I hope for neither side, this is the case.

Oh yea, indeed, I also read the majority of leavers were old, frustrated guys from the past generation that are probably going to go to their grave soon anyways... How is that a look into the future :struggle:?

I think the major concern of Europe is that we are with too many countries. Europe as it was at the beginning functioned well, but now it represents anything but what it's supposed to be. Maybe it's good if a ton of countries leave, at least it will give new purpose to EU?
  5. Dec 27, 2012
    "My opinion is right, yours is wrong. Due to that difference, I'll laugh at anything you'll say and show no respect towards you. Hell, let's turn this into the childrens playground!" Sick of hearing shit like this. People making fun of each other because they themselves have tunnelvision. You're adults, time to grow a pair and act like it.
  6. Jan 25, 2014
    Incoming Texit or Yexit next. Texas leaving or Janet Yellen lower interest rates again.
  7. Jan 21, 2011
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/21/12246266/france-microsoft-privacy-windows-10-cnil
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    breakfast doesnt affect me so idc. hardly eat it anyway