Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

So CS:GO is for Mac as well...

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by A Chewy Dick, Aug 22, 2012

1. Aug 19, 2012
    Just thought I would tell those that have one. Going to buy it now and see how it runs on my iMac.

Will report back when downloaded and installed.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dec 2, 2011
      We really need a Status update worthy Rating. Was that you that said that @Brett?
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Rating literally needs to say "Status Worthy".
    • Aug 19, 2012
      Back from playing a few hours of regular GO and I must say this game is fun with it's few flaws (I won't name them).

As for how it runs on the Mac? Runs great but running native resolution (2500x 1400 something, I forgot) runs under 40fps where CS:S ran full native fine with 8AA and 16Aniso over 60fps.

2012 27" iMac the $1700 version with 12GB RAM total. I use the default settings the game made for me (1950x 1205 again I forget but it's close) with 2AA and 4Aniso runs 60fps half of the time but smoke and fogs runs it down, same for molotov cocktails.

If i want it to run better I'll install it on my PC but the monitor is a 22" and the color don't even match up to my giant 27" beautiful apple screen in front of me, I'm happy.

Should you buy if you only have a mac? Yes but make sure you hack your mouse settings, google MouseFixers - it disables mouse assist and works exactly like a windows PC's raw input.

• Informative Informative x 1