Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

So let me get this right...

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Kosuki, Feb 28, 2013

1. Apr 14, 2011
    We seal the pope in some castle retreat for his retirement... So once the doors close they Dont open again, and since he is no longer pope the Swiss Guard wont protect him. So is the pope retired or in jail... So, we may never see him again in public, that to me sounds like jail or some kind of punishment..

Dont get me wrong iv been singing all day "Ding Dong The Pope Is Gone, The Pope Is Gone..."

And another thing, the cardinals say they want a new pope who reminds them of Jesus... Um so we need a Jewish Pope from the Middle East? Ok Thats going to work...
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    I always thought the pop was the head of the catholic church. Not jewish.
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Sounds fair, I don't think he's on his own or anything, just he's isolated for his safety. I'm sure if he wanted, he could leave.
  4. Apr 14, 2011
    Ya but the cardinals say they wanted a new pope that was like Jesus... So if they truly mean that, then they need to look for a Jewish person, because Jesus was Jewish... LOL
  5. Apr 9, 2012
    Religion is a far-from-my-bed bussines, I can't talk about this at all. I personally experience the pope to have 0 influence on people, regardless them being religious or not :-/
  6. Apr 12, 2012
    He's only in his retreat for a short time (weeks?) and then he will be retiring to a monastery of some sort within the Vatican itself.

100,000 people showed up yesterday for his last public appearance...
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    That is 1 per 70000 people of the entire world... I'm not impressed. Not that I should be though, but it's just how I think of him. He seemed like on of the better because he's the only one of which I never heard any bad things about xD
  8. Apr 14, 2011
    Well he is no John Paul II, I had more respect for John Paul II not just as a leader but as a human being than this guy.

One one below was hitler youth, guess who that was :cool:
    John Paul II
  9. Jul 1, 2010
    That's just those that showed up. The Pope is in charge of a religion that has roughly 1.2 billion adherents. What he says or dictates impacts far more people than what actually show up to his speeches. Millions usually watch it on TV. The impact will obviously differ for those 1.2 billion, or not matter, but even so he still has a major impact on the world as a whole. Doesn't really impact me in the slightest seeing as though I'm not Catholic :razz:

He will be staying at the papal summer retreat for 2 months wherein he will then live at the Vatican. Interesting fact: He is keeping Benedict XVI as his name and he retains the style of His Holiness as Pope Emeritus.
    Dharkk, Feb 28, 2013 Last edited by Dharkk, Feb 28, 2013
  10. Mar 4, 2012
    He chose to live in seclusion in a Vatican monastery. Appropriate for someone who has spent their lifetime in the clergy IMO.
    Post Merged, Feb 28, 2013
    He appointed some 60+ cardinals I believe and they certainly have a lot of influence within their populace. We probably don't see it as much in the West because we're becoming increasingly atheist/agnostic but in E. Asia, Africa and S. America the influence of the Catholic Church is huge.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    You sure it has nothing to do with this whole sexual scandal that's been extremely prevalent? Since the numbers are in that more than 50% of clergy are homosexuals. I wouldn't be surprised he wants to create his own prison of seclusion. It's just the timing that's off for me, but I see nothing wrong in a man of God dedicating his life to prayer.
  12. Feb 21, 2007
    He is free to go molest more children.
    • Funny x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Zing! x 1
    • Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 14, 2011
      Not molest, help educate...
      At least Michael Jackson gave them Jesus Juice, shit the he only gives them Jesus not even the juice lol
    • Apr 12, 2012
      You're saying he personally molested children? Or you are slamming him because of what other priests have done?

Blaming the pope for the actions of members of the Catholic church is a little like blaming Henry Ford for car accidents. Except its worse, because cars can't think for themselves.

(Before a hundred people click 'dislike' on this post - I'm not defending the church.. its just silly to somehow assume that its Catholic doctrine to encourage molestation. It was choices made by individual priests.)
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Sadly many people in the West have pushed religion aside and think of it as something that is wrong or a silly waste of time. Sure there have been issues with the Catholic church but that happens with anything that has a global reach and has many people working for that organization or religion. The Church does a lot of good in the world with feeding the poor, caring for the sick and dying among some of these things. Most of the soup kitchens that feed the homeless receive most if not all of their funding from the Catholic Church. Pope Benedict say's he stepping down for health reasons which may actually be the case and he feels that his sickness won't let him led his flock and must pass the Church onto another Pope. @JorisCeoen 100,000 may not seem a lot but at Saint Peter's square that's probably the most amount of people you can fit at that square safely but people listened and watched him give his last public address as Pope across the world. Maybe the next Pope will be as charismatic as John Paul II who knows the Vatican needs another John Paul II
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Again, as I said, it's a far-from-my bussines subject, but personally every time something happens in the church, wether it be protestantism or catholic or whatever, it always ends by people blaming it for a sex scandal. To be honest I don't believe it anymore (I do know it for certain cases, as we in Belgium have such a kardinal that did molest children) because it's just so easy to do so. Only one moron has to spew the words "pope, sex, rape" and everyone will think he did it as well :-/

I mean come on, only do it when you have proof. So far I hear nothing of proof.

@Badgriuel Yea you're probably right xD It's just the way I experienced him to be
        • May 31, 2012
          Well someone might be out looking to kill him and this is their way of protecting him.
        • Nov 29, 2010
          Popes, in their status of power, are often targets of assassination from other cultures/religions. Pope john paul II survived two attempts at his life during the time he was pope.

It's not surprising that benedict wishes to have himself locked away from the people.
        • Mar 4, 2012
          I think you all are misunderstanding why he is going into seclusion. I doubt it has anything to do with fear of assassination or to avoid the media.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 21, 2007
            I know why he is going into seclusion.

And I was making a semi-sarcastic jab at the catholic church, using him as the representative.

And for the record, I am catholic.