Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

So my little brother just got a brand new laptop lenovo y400 and css old game ze fps lags ?..

Discussion in Technical Support started by Superkiller, Dec 29, 2013

1. Feb 24, 2012
    6g ram
    windows 8 not 8.1 tell me if its good to upgrade free without having graphic card crashes etc..
    intel i7 3630qm 2.4ghz
    HDD: 1 TB but he has 525gb now
    nvidia gt 750m 2g idk if can be overclocked safely (note can run bf3 max settings without antialias and vertical sync
    the laptop cost him : 1224 dollars
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      I got a 6870, phenom 965, and i get 30 fps on css sometimes, it's just an old game, 64 players shooting gun lags, pretty much like that for everyone.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Oct 8, 2013
        NOT ME I HAVE A SUPER GOOD ALIENWARE OH YEAH EAT IT SUCKERS
        YEAH
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Oct 13, 2011
          Alienware = Apple in windows. Overpriced and overrated.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Feb 24, 2012
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 14, 2013
              lag on ze is normal no matter how good ur specs are

i found out that a particula alien ware laptop is about the price of the lenovo above ^^[IMG]
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Aug 7, 2012
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Aug 1, 2011
                  You can tweek the settings in your graphics card to drastically increase the fps in CS:S, and since it's an older game it won't really affect the way the game looks. Have to remember that the source engine wasn't really intended to have 64 players on it with huge maps and a large amount of props like what the zm/ze servers have. A lot of it also has to do with the way maps are optimized. Better optimization generally means better fps, but that's something the mappers do and can be a very time consuming and tedious process to do well.
                • Feb 24, 2012
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  No matter what, in ZE it'll lag just because Source is an old engine. On top of that, do note that Laptop specifications are almost 3 times weaker than their PC counterpart, so if you expected that laptop to run like the exact counterpart PC, then you've completely misunderstood that (but perhaps you knew this and then this is of no meaning to you).

Anways, I have always said that laptops aren't ment for gaming, no matter how good they tend to look like. But, I think for a game like CSS, without ZE, it should run without any problems at all.
                  • Zing! Zing! x 1
                  • Feb 24, 2012
                    what graphic card for a pc will run ze max settings 64 players for a good price
                  • Dec 2, 2013
                    I got a $3000 MSI GE60 Gaming laptop, and even CS:S lags for me. It is just because the game is old. I can run Skyrim in max graphical settings and not receive a shred of lag.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Mar 30, 2012
                      Your graphics card wont matter jack shit on a source engine game.

Get a better processor, or overclock your current one.
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Feb 24, 2012
                        Is a gt not a gtx so ... it will explode in 1 day
                      • Jul 20, 2012
                        I don't think there has been updating GFX drivers for CS:S for a very long time.
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                        The game is old and unoptimized. Even though you have a decent CPU and CS:S is a CPU intensive game, it will still lag. Nothing you can do about it. You still have to take into account the number of players and the server load, not just your computer. If the server lags, so will you.
                      • Feb 21, 2007
                        I have a Nvidia 660r and it never gets below 240fps for me in css (r stands for retslag1)
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Mar 4, 2012
                          Nvidia 660r will allow prime optimization and performance for ze_retslag_ban
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Aug 2, 2010
                            Dual AMD 6970s in Crossfire with an IB i7 OC'd to 4.6ghz and there are times when I get about 100fps. Source engine, it's le FU.