Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

So what's the beef with ExWG?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Beer Battered, Jul 29, 2011

1. Jul 29, 2011
    I'm a neutral party, I play on both servers, I go on to the ExWG server and I hear some people bad mouthing, and joking about pF. When I come on pF, I hear some bad mouthing about ExWG. Tonight I saw a spam attack from two ExWG members. What caused this little war that seems to be happening?
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Exile, leader of ExWG has been trying to steal admins/advertising for his community on our servers. He is an ex-admin and he doesn't like PF for whatever his reasons are so... He basically wants to take us down for w/e reasons.

I'd hardly call it a war as they are just trying to start shit with us but we just ban them and shrug them off.
  3. Jul 29, 2011
    I've never heard Exile explicitly say anything bad about pF aside from the mass ban that you guys posted. I'm not taking sides on this, I honestly think both servers are great. You each have a little something that makes you both unique. In my opinion, you guys should set aside your differences and have a meeting on this.
  4. Sep 22, 2010
    [ExWG] BETTER THAN PLAGUEFEST!! : COME TO OUR ZOMBIE SERVER ##.##.##.##:##### HURRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [ExWG] BETTER THAN PLAGUEFEST!! : COME TO OUR ZOMBIE SERVER
    ##.##.##.##:##### HURRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SourceMod] Time remaining for map: 9:07
    [ExWG] BETTER THAN PLAGUEFEST!! : COME TO OUR ZOMBIE SERVER
    ##.##.##.##:##### HURRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the problem.
  5. May 6, 2011
    I think you might be reading into this a bit too much.

There are just individuals who have "dick" heads.

I don't see why there would be any conflict between our server and ExWG's server. I played on that server b4, it is a unique flavor, and I suggest people to play on other servers. The reason is so you can bring back ideas of what makes those servers great, and what doesn't make them a good gaming experience. Then bring those ideas back here.

But, regarding to this so called "Cold War" feud, I really don't think there are any. They do there own thing and we (pF) do ours. I think there are just individuals who are "dicks" or "trolls" (my personal fav).

Regarding to AkaDemikz's posting, I don't know if it is Exile himself doing that. I met the person online b4, and he seems quite respectful. Do we know the person's IP/Steam ID, so we can see if its Exile?

Again, I think it is just individuals being dicks/trolls.
  6. Jul 29, 2011
    Not to sound redundant, but has anybody spoken to Exile about this? He seems laid back enough. I seriously don't see why your two communities can't you know, co-exist.
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    Our owners talked about it with him on our mumble server, IDK exactly why but he ended up getting banned from mumble too. I heard he was throwing some brother excuse. The unique flavor, they've copied some of our advertisements and most of our maps from our servers...

He is a douchebag.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    Lmao, just looked at ExWG's server stats. How pathetic. If they truly were awesome, they'd have more than 0 people playing right now and they wouldn't need to spam other servers for attention. They are only embarrassing themselves.

We have multiple full servers constantly. They are lucky to pull 5 players. So tell me. I wonder who's better? :whistling:
  9. Jul 29, 2011
    But when it comes to maps, doesn't fpsbanana host all of the major map choices for game servers to downloads? So there would be some slim-pickings I'd think. As for the adverts, I can't say much to that one.
  10. May 6, 2011

Cause there is just no competition.
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    Many of the maps are yes, however, there are thousands of maps to chose from - most of them being mediocre, bad, or not meeting the server's requirements.. Sorting through the list of maps and picking the best maps is time consuming.
  12. Jul 14, 2010
    To answer your opening question: Exile made his server and he started trying to recruit admins to leave our servers, go to his and he was then advertising his server ips/website on our servers. We didn't start anything. We are moving on from this douche bag but some people bring it back up or he his members come advertise on our servers.
  13. May 6, 2011
    This is just a suggestion, and I am serious about this.

If there is a feud between the servers,

I really don't think we need people to know about it,
    Also, all this is only helping that side, as people will get curious and play over there.

I don't know....but maybe it is a good idea to delete this whole thread. Or at least to lock this up.
  14. Jul 29, 2011
    After sifting sourcebans for you here is what I found:
    First on the list;
    Player [ExWG] BETTER THAN PLAUGEFEST
    Steam ID STEAM_0:0:26758684
    Second:
    Player [ExWG] BETTER THAN PLAGUEFEST!!
    Steam ID STEAM_0:0:10203456
    Exile:
    Player [ExWGA] Exile
    Steam ID STEAM_0:1:3458449
  15. Jun 10, 2011
    something something something were #2 in the world something.....

:grin:
  16. Jul 29, 2011
    Surely takes a lot of time and effort. :razz: