Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[solved] Possible audio issues

Discussion in Technical Support started by gaba gaba, Feb 7, 2017

1. May 27, 2016
    For the past few days, I can't hear certain players correctly on the mic. It sounds garbled and high pitched. This only happens on the ZM server and mingames. I tested it on another server with kyro and it works fine. I also tested with another computer and it works fine on all servers. What could it be?
    Windows 10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Thank you,
    Gaba Gaba
    gaba gaba, Feb 7, 2017 Last edited by gaba gaba, Feb 7, 2017
  2. Apr 26, 2015
    I've been spending the night trying to help Gaba with this issue. So far we've done the following: verify the games integrity, he sent me a demo and the audio is fine on my end, checked sound card drivers for updates, tested PF and other servers, switched computers and he can hear clearly on another computer, checked if it was his speakers/ headphones, re-install of CSS.

As he said, he could hear me clearly in another server but not on ZM or Customs. He's using a PC so I've been trying to guide as best as I can for a Apple whore.

@Bapple™ might have some insight.
    Kyro, Feb 7, 2017 Last edited by Kyro, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    Sounds like the voice codec on the servers doesn't like the sample rate set by your install of Windows. What do you have it set to? You can find out by right clicking the speaker icon in your system tray -> playback devices -> select your default playback device -> properties -> advanced tab.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Apr 9, 2007
      What's sv_voicecodec set to on this "other" server?
    • Jan 25, 2014
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jun 17, 2014
        I second this. I suspect issues with set Sample Rate for your Playback Device. I'd also disable any "Enhancements" that you may have active.

I thought the updated Engine removed the "sv_voicecodex & sv_voicequality" cvars?
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I believe it's just from a client that they don't exist, meaning they are hidden cvars.
      • Aug 6, 2016
        But yes, I've had this same problem. Just a couple months ago, I couldn't hear for almost a whole week. I was advised to do the same thing posted here and it worked for me.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 27, 2016
          It is set to:16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)
        • Oct 13, 2011
          Do you have a sound card ? What headset do you use ? Also try this -> 24 bit, 48000hz (Stuido quality)
        • May 27, 2016
          Bapple has been working with me and we fixed it! Turns out I just needed to reboot my computer.
          • Informative Informative x 2
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jun 17, 2014
            I remote connected with @gaba gaba via TeamViewer.

Changed his Bit Rate, Disabled all enhancements - No change.

Checked out his drivers - They haven't been updated since mid September 2016.

Checked Task Manager for any background programs that could affect the codec playback.

While looking over Task Manager, I noticed his system up time was stupid fucking long (17 days, 22 hours, XX Mins, XX Seconds.)

Immediately told him to restart the PC, And what do you know...

Problem has been resolved :thumbsup:
            • Like Like x 1
              Bapple™, Feb 8, 2017 Last edited by Bapple™, Feb 8, 2017
            • Apr 26, 2015
              All that time and I didn't think of that.
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Programming King Programming King x 1
              • Aug 6, 2016
                GABA, you fool. <3 Go shut your comp down and wash your clothes. :smile:
              • Jan 25, 2014
              • Apr 9, 2012
                IDK, but most people try to restart their PC before posting about a problem to see if that solved it :clown:
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Sep 2, 2014
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Feb 27, 2012

one of the most underated shows ever.
                    • Agree Agree x 1