Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Some ideas for ZE

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Ghost =pF=, Apr 4, 2012

1. Mar 30, 2012
    I just have four things about ZE I'd like to mention;

-Shotgun knockback for torso shots needs to be buff, or atleast exist. I've noticed shooting zombies with an auto or pump shotty seems not to even stall them or slow them, much less knock them back. No, I am not missing, I have damage display on.

-AWP Knockback for headshots needs to be hella nerfed, it's screwing over a lot of maps. Not by trolls, no it's not people trolling with them as far as I can tell, but in maps like snow or mines of moria I've seen an awper get a headshot only to have the zombie launched all the way around the map and land behind the players hold point. Needless to say, afterwards all the CTs were dead to the flying zombie attack.

-Random Gun Purchase. I don't know how used it will be, but I know I'd use it. I find the maps without difficulty get boring after you beat them. I've also noticed sometimes when I hit the rebuy previous button it gives me random guns, I don't know why. Anyways, I'd just like to be able to have my guns randomly purchased for me.

-Gun rounds. Just for maps like voodoo, black mesa, and firewall where after you beat it most people get bored of it and RTV cause it's too easy or something. I suggest, on maps that don't have difficulty that after the first map there should be a gun round. What that means is say 'Pistol round!' which is, obviously, pistols only. Shotgun round and sniper round could be cool too. I can see a lot of people hating this idea, but I can see it being lots of fun on maps that only have one difficulty or are just too easy or both.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Reducing the awps kb would make the awp a useless weapon and become like shotty's.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 30, 2012
        It already is a useless weapon, the only use it has is to launch the zombies back and hope they don't bounce into your guards. I've seen this happen a lot with the awp and I just don't want to see it anymore. Let it have it's uber knockback and maybe buff it's damage (Should not be doing half the damage of an auto sniper) but stopo having it launch the zombies to the moon.
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Shotgun knockback: Maybe but not too much. Honestly I think the pump shotty is pretty good for defense. If you get a lot of body shots and some headshots, you can knock 2-3 zombies back a decent distance with one shot. Auto shotty is definitely weak as fuck but it's also a shitty weapon in the regular game itself...no idea why you would ever get an auto shotty in any game mode :razz:

AWP knockback: No way dude. Like Deto said, if we nerf AWP headshots we might as well restrict the weapon altogether as it would be completely useless. I also disagree that "it already is a useless weapon" - in open-area maps, an accurate sniper can set a number of zombies very far back and help a ton on defense. It's just an unfortunate side effect that some maps have land geometry that zombies can launch off of. If trolls be trollin' then that's another story and we deal with them.

Random gun purchase: That would be cool. I've seen it on those deathmatch servers where you can either pick your pistol and main or get random ones every time. My only worry is that this would lead to a noticeable increase in fail which we already have plenty of. I also imagine something like this isn't a top priority. For this to happen, @Kyle would probably have to code it himself to make it jive with ZR.

Gun rounds: Honestly that sounds like a pretty cool idea. Personally I really don't like most maps that don't have either a level progression or some element of randomness to the rounds. There are a number of things I could think of that could spice it up, but a gun round would certainly do the trick. However this is also something that would probably need to be custom made. And like I said, that kinda stuff is almost 100% on poor @Kyle, who is admittedly awesome and probably some sort of demigod...but we make him do a lot and I doubt he wants to tackle this type of stuff on top of what's already on his plate.

Cool ideas thanks for taking the time to think about ways to improve pF :grin:
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Shotgun buff would be nice. Currently its not useful like it should be if you guys have played zm reload you know it should be option
        • Apr 4, 2012
          Adding some more power to the shotgun knock back would be nice yes, I agree.

although not to much.
        • Feb 14, 2012
          I agree with your idea of more kick to the shotgun.
        • Mar 30, 2012
          See I feel the auto shotty is really underpowered right now. Atleast the pump shotty I see knockback when I hit them in the head, torso shots are naught but a breeze. Auto shotties have about as much knock back as a pistol, not a deagle, with head shots and torso shots don't seem to slow zombies either.

AWP I find the knockback should be reduced, not destroyed. I still say it should launch zombies, but not to the point where if the map has a bump the zombies can just fly around. Good strafe-ing zombies can land behind CT defences with the kind of air an AWP gives. I also believe the AWP damage needs to be buff. It's an awp, it should strike fear into the hearts of zombies. I did a damage display test and a headshot with the auto sniper, on a mother zombie, was 127 and a headshot on a mother zombie with an AWP was 113. AWPs should do more than auto snipers. Period. Now don't disagree with me just yet, I am continuing to test this because I may have missed, bot those two numbers stuck in my head. Will continue to test.

If Kyle is your only programmer then I am sorry, but if he ever gets some spare time then the gun rounds would be awesome.

The Random gun wouldn't lead to too much fail, most people are too scared of zombies that they buy their guns specificly, and you could also only let it be done after humans achieved one victory !ONLY ON NON-DIFFICULTY MAPS! and just leave it out entirely for difficulty maps like mako.

But yes, gun rounds would be awesome. I've already started a trend, it's vaguely catching on but only to my own small fan base and only when I am online, of doing a pistol round after beating a map that doesn't change after victories.
        • Apr 9, 2007
        • Stormblizzard
          This message by Stormblizzard has been removed from public view. Deleted by Stormblizzard, Apr 4, 2012, Reason: failed.
          Apr 4, 2012
        • Stormblizzard
          This message by Stormblizzard has been removed from public view. Deleted by Stormblizzard, Apr 4, 2012, Reason: Fail again.
          Apr 4, 2012
        • Jan 12, 2012
        • Mar 16, 2012
          i don't think awp should even be on i don't care how good people are or think they are its so useless on most maps that we play like mako,pred,paper,voodoo,firewall etc.....the only map i see that its useful on is helms deep......its bad on every other map....id rather use a pistol to hold back zombies then an awp...its a troll weapon all the snipers are....
        • Apr 4, 2012
        • Dec 6, 2011
          -The Shotguns can have just a little more KB
          -The AWP is perfect how it is, I don't think you were around for it, but we could basically name a time period after the AWP since there were so many arguments over it for some time. The AWP Dynasty? The AWPerrasic Era? The AWP age? Your choice.
          -Random weapon buy would cripple our chances of winning on some of the harder maps, trolls and/or noobs would just use that for the hell of it.
          -Gun round would work, but it would need A LOT of restrictions.

Unless we get help from Kyle/Josh's long lost twin, we won't be doing anything big for a while.

tl:dr - :thumbsup:Shotgun KB; :thumbsdown:AWP nerf; :thumbsdown:Random weapon buy; :thumbsup:Gun round (restrictions needed)
        • Mar 16, 2012