Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Some of the greatest alienation songs ever..

Discussion in Music started by Anathema, Mar 16, 2012

1. Feb 18, 2011
    Why am I posting these? Refer to my status. Ironically we were studying about this in our Literature class today. When I got home I saw this:
    Feel free to add on.
    Great pieces about alienation, great to listen to when you are one... sad beyond all belief and two... need a cheer up. Right now I feel like I can see the juxtaposition between happy and sad. Feels like :frown: and :smile: at the same time.

Amazing that this was recorded around 40 years ago:

This song is in constant dispute about it being about suicide (a part of alienation) or a reason to live. Still great.

Another classic:

Lastly the one I really like. If you don't like it that's fine. But this is just the most connectable to what I felt happened.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Aug 1, 2011
      I love Mad World. Indeed it gets me thinking and depressed. I do have a song that would cheer anyone up just by its pure ridiculousness, but I don't think anyone but a few would appreciate it. If you want me to, I can post it.
    • Jan 28, 2012
      Mad World is one of my favorite songs ever. First heard it in Donnie Darko. I'm sure Tony knows of it since Donnie Darko is his profile pic. :razz: Sorry about your friend by the way.
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I get your jist, but go ahead.

Thanks. And yea, the Donnie Darko scene truly makes it interesting.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      You wanted this, its all @Jon fault

• Jan 7, 2009

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didzxUkrtS0
      This is the song I usually listen to when I'm feeling really shitty. Something about the upbeat-ish sound of it combined with the depressing lyrics... and of course the movie it's from.
    • Jan 8, 2012

Such a sad, amazing song, it gives me goose bumps when I hear those first few lines. You might want to hear the upbeat version as well by Zeds Dead, its a dubstep version which is really good too.

Also a classic from simple plan, I don't like them very well but this song is pretty sad, I've listened to it when I was down before, it made me cry.

When I was about 15, I lost a dog of mine, he ran away, I had this song on repeat for like 6 hours following the bad news from my mom, crying my eyes out. Something about the chorus gets to me.

I always thought Nickelback was good rock, most of the songs he has made you remind of good times, old friends, or lost souls. I always listen to their music when I am down.

Last but not least, Staind, has always produced songs that made me feel great depression but somehow managed lifted me up into a good mood again. I always thought they were overrated at first, but now people forget who they were, and some have never herd of them. Definitely some of the better rock I discovered through my mother at a younger age.

Theirs an abundant of other songs, but I'd literally be here typing all day. Hope you all like some of the ones I've picked!
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I usually always listen to music when I'm not feeling 100%. Tool & NIN's are great, though I go for maybe some Hardstyle or Pendulum, some more upbeat stuff.
    • Apr 2, 2011

As for sad/alienation songs... well uhm... I don't know many... but I have some songs all the same:

• Sep 30, 2011
      When do we get the Razorblades?