Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Some suggestions to the mappers

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by royki2, Aug 20, 2012

1. Aug 20, 2012
    I just saw the video someone posted here for zombie escape maps and I've to be honest it's horrible in CSS the zm escape maps tell a story first of all if some1 ever played zombie escape maps in CSS like indiana jones or LOTR and many more..
    but in CSGO people just choosed mario textured and called it ZE_mario or what ever ...
    also this looks hella boring .. why ?
    for example in CSS ZE_LOTR you had to do things that connects to the story line in order to continue in the map here all you have to do is :
    -wait 20 second untill the wall is break
    -wait 20 seconds until you'll teleport
    (which is boring and stupid)

also in CSS people created boss battle in their ZE_Maps
    zombies could be bosses e.x (in ze_LOTR you had to do some stuff inorder to get to a secret place where u can transform to a dragon fly with it drop fire with it and you also have boss hp)

sorry for my bad english
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    I imagine those maps were ported to GO first because they were easy and posed few issues, whereas more complex maps such as LOTR or Mako cannot be ported yet, or is taking a longer time. I know the mappers couldn't figure out particles for a while and then Luff found a fix, I'm not a mapper, so I really don't know the details of what issues they're currently having to deal with. The popular CSS ZE maps will make their way to CS:GO soon enough though I'm sure.
  3. Jun 3, 2012
    There'll be good maps out, give it time. I don't think CS:GO has even officially launched yet?
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    CS:GO just makes the first steps in the zombie escape mod... the developer software hammer sdk is probably still not good to use and there are some bugs/glitches...
    Just wait for some weeks or months maybe , the old good maps will come back for sure but u have to wait a little till the original mapper port them into a cs:go map

but for now we have to play classic zombie escape maps i think ...but cant wait for a good new zombie escape cs:go map^^
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    royki2 you can work by yourself if you want these maps at CS:GO!
    Download From Counter Strike: Global Offensive Beta SDK
  6. May 31, 2012
    CS:GO maps are mostly based on custom textures because they are easier to port this way. Given the fact that GO:ZE has just 'started', and that GO itself is in beta and lacks from both textures and models for mappers to use, using lego/mario/simple textures are the best way to go FOR NOW. Of course, as time goes by, mappers will hopefully receive more resources from Valve and will have more time to spend on their own projects.

There is a GO:ZE map with bosses (ze_timesplitters) and another with levels (ze_mirrors_edge). I consider that with CS:GO still in beta, having those maps is actually amazingly good; there was only 1 ze map before all this porting done on pF.