Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Somebody shot a lion, oh no

Discussion in In The News started by Trond, Jul 31, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2012
    It's a goddamm scary world we live in when the media gives up every little piece of information about a man who shot a protected lion, and the lion even had a name. In Norwegian media they have put up a big picture of this man, giving information about his name, work, family, where he lives. When the media start doing this and are allowed to it means the world is going to hell.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Don't shoot endangered species. Dodo birds are seriously cool BMX trixters.

Granted releasing more than his name is bad business for everyone.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 13, 2014
    • Feb 25, 2014
      That is the risk these days for shooting endangered animals. He should know better from the start but oh well, some people there ego just get in their way and this is the result.
    • Apr 1, 2012

not to mention that Google knows what everybody on the planet has for fetishes (except for starving kids in Africa or Eskimo people with bad wifi reception)
    • Jul 20, 2010
      I don't see the big issue with the lion hunt. The hunter had a tag for a lion. It's legal to hunt lions with a tag. It wasn't hunted on protected wildlife property either. Plus there would be no way for him to know it was a protected lion because it had a collar. You wouldn't even see it till after the kill.
    • Jun 29, 2014
      i wouldn't consider Luring him out of a National park with a dead animal tied to a vehicle "Hunting"
    • Jun 11, 2012
      As said, he bribed and lured the animal out of the park at night. Also removed the GPS collar for the game. Ain't his first rodeo. A experienced game hunter can't just throw his hand in the air and say "I didn't know that was illegal" which he was and did.

The problem isn't the death of a animal, problem is people bribing for the thrill of something they can't (and shouldn't) have.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        He didn't bribe anyone, he paid a Professional Hunter to guide him on a hunt. Also it's not against the law in that country to bait animals. If the lion did not have a collar, then this wouldn't be an issue. Again it's legal to hunt lions in that country. He had a Lion tag that he bought from the country in question.
      • Feb 5, 2013
        Do you know what the Dentist mistake was? He should have hunted the PETA assholes instead of the poor Lion. I don't think anybody would mind if PETA is hunt to extinction. They cause more problems than good.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        He had a permit to hunt, true, not for has resulted. The lion had a collar and was later retrieved from the researchers who were tracking these animals in the conservation park in a nearby tree of where the animal life was ended. There was a dead animal used to bait him out.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        So whats the big fuss then? He killed a lion that was pointed out to him by a Professional Hunter. It was killed on someones property which is also legal for them to do. Again there is no way for them to know it was a collared lion until after the kill. So shouldn't the burden of protection be on the government to make sure that hunters know which animals are collared?
      • Jun 11, 2012
        It's easier to point the finger when the person spans international borders. I guess it's a "huge" guilt by association that turned to social media freakout because these networking stuff are getting annoying.

And it wasn't his first rodeo, so eh.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        So because he's hunted before he should know which specific animal has a collar and not kill it? When on a Lion he wouldn't be able to see it until after the kill? In all the pictures of the Lion you can't see the collar, show how would you expect him to see it.
      • Jun 29, 2014
        Like said it was not his first Rodeo, of course after they get caught they start throwing out the "i didn't know card" The lion is also a known lion, not some random Lion they were trying to hunt.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        He has a prior that involved a illegal killing of a black bear and got fined. I'm saying this hoopla got accented due to him as a person, not of hunting.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        If it's so known how come I never heard of it until now? I bet you most people didn't even know of it until this.

Again it's LEGAL to hunt Lions there with a tag and he had one.

It's ILLEGAL to hunt a collared animal. But there is no easy way of telling if an animal is collared or not, depending on the animal.

Yea do you know how that happened? He had a tag a bear and killed one, but unfortunately the bear was killed in an area deemed off-limits to bear hunting during that time. Only issue is we don't place Markers telling people that, they just post a map and expect you to figure out if your in the legal or illegal area for hunting.

At the end of the day people care more about animals then other humans. There are more pressing issues at hand than a Lion being killed.
      • Jun 29, 2014
        Your right i didn't, but over in that part of the world he is known at that National Park, The Lion was collard and part of a study, so whether he knew it or not now he has to pay the consequences, Of course when 50 grand appears in front of the professionals there gonna go around the laws then play the I didn't Know card when they get caught.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Then the hatred should be targeted against the professionals that were paid to guide the hunt, since they live there and know the area much better than the Dentist. Also the government bares some of the burden as well, if you make a law that says collared animals are illegal to kill, then you need to make it so anyone can easily find out if an animal is collared or not.

That's why when he killed that bear he didn't serve an jail time just a small fine. Because to determine if your in a legal bear hunt area there is no easy way to know. The burden is on the government to make it so you can easily determine if its legal or not. Keeping it vague and hard to figure out is how the government likes it because then they can profit off its people.
      • Sep 14, 2008
        He knew what he was doing. The guy is guilty. He's a moron and should go to jail where he belongs.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1