Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Something fun on ZM

Discussion in Setup an Event started by PeNguiN, Jul 9, 2016

What map or settings would you like?

Battle slider 8 vote(s) 32.0%
Zombie escape map on ZM 7 vote(s) 28.0%
Megabox 8 vote(s) 32.0%
Twin Steel madness 7 vote(s) 28.0%
The 40 crates 8 vote(s) 32.0%
Limited ammo 6 vote(s) 24.0%
Large zombies 9 vote(s) 36.0%
Small zombies 6 vote(s) 24.0%
Invisible Zombies 5 vote(s) 20.0%
Less knockback 2 vote(s) 8.0%
More knockback 2 vote(s) 8.0%
Friendly Fire 6 vote(s) 24.0%
Other (Please post and I'll add it). 2 vote(s) 8.0%
Reverse Knockback 8 vote(s) 32.0%
zm_momos 2 vote(s) 8.0%
low grav 1 vote(s) 4.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jul 14, 2010
    Alright, so we all know there's a shit ton of threads on the forum about doing some events and having fun on the servers again, so let's actually set something up.

I think the best time for an event would be to plan atleast a week in advance and actually make it interesting. I think Friday or Saturday is best, but I am up for any day that works for everyone, though lets be realistic, not everyone can make every day, so you might miss out, but we can always do more and keep them scheduled. I live on the East coast, so please post your time zones too and when you think the server is most populated.

Server: CSS ZM (or other if we wanna do something else).
    Event: Custom map? Battle slider? Some random ass other map? Post suggestions!

I added a shit ton of options in the poll to gauge what the community would like to do. I will personally give out donator or admin if that is what people want as a prize for something. I think ranked is stupid though for prizes on ZM since it's about fun, so my prize might would be based on people who are friendly, don't cade beak, follow the rules, and aren't trolls or assholes in chat. I'm not saying you can't do these things at your own pleasure, but I would be selective in how I give out prizes myself.

@Zenzr @Hydreigon

I know you two want to help out. Let's get something serious going.

NOTE: Do not shit post in this thread or complain about pF dying, you are just adding to the problem.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I'm down. I can get on pretty much any day of the week.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    • Dec 7, 2012
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Something other then ZM is my vote. It's just stale and boring doing the same shit round after round after round, map after map after map after map.
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I like Megabox and limited ammo. I played around with it using ZE, but it wasn't popular. I think friendly fire would be fun too so I voted for that.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Oct 11, 2013
        Reverse knockback please. Would be amazing on big open maps like Roy Highway and 4way.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Added to poll. We could do some funny stuff like this and do timers where knockback reverses for like 5 or 10 seconds or something too so it's not reverse the whole map, or whatever!
        • May 5, 2011
          Definitely up for some ZE in ZM. Large zombies + ZM would be fun as well.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 11, 2013
            Good idea! Another fun timer would be reverse controls especially with the fall damage. I think an entire map with "random" timers going off would be hilarious. I vote this option along with 40 red crates - truly a masterpiece
            • Like Like x 2
            • Apr 28, 2013
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Make a Giant mode where every kill scales your size. How it works should be everyone is down sized, but as it scales, they'll seem larger. When they're large, they're slower, but tankier.
                • Like Like x 2
                • May 5, 2011
                  So maybe mappers could throw in a mini game map made especially for ZM? I had some ideas, for example, humans are in mid air floated only by a trigger push or something (pretty much skating in mid air within a limited area). Zombies will cannon from the bottom at an angle to try and stab the humans. Though zombies will not be able to skate in mid aid, only strafe to be able to knife someone. Crazy thing is, there will be illusionary walls so humans cant see where they zombies are coming but the zombies could see them.

OR!!!

A mid platform, same idea. Though zombies can only kill by gomping or knife kills but once they hit floor of the mid platform they tele back to re-cannon them selves again. (Just winging out these ideas lol) So like a gomp map.

Maybe throw an event to get new mappers in? A mappers event to make a Zombie MG map. Winner wins a hug?
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Jan 21, 2011
                    • Like Like x 2
                    • Jul 14, 2010
                      I'll make an official event thread for Saturday, July 16th around 5:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM EST, 12:00 AM GMT after a little more discussion. I don't think we will actually be able to do timers with reverse knockback because it's not easy to do (talked to Brian about it), but we still have other options and I'll still look into it but no promises. Can make zombies larger but has to be on megabox probably or battle slider because larger zombies can't fit through certain doors lol. We can do twin steel and have like low grav going on or just mess with some other crazy settings to make it fun and a couple other maps too if we want. Feel free to keep posting ideas. It doesn't have to be all planned out either, we can just have some spontaneous shit going on for the night.

But plan on: Saturday, July 16th around 5:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM EST, 12:00 AM GMT
                      • Like Like x 2
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Dec 7, 2012
                        Pistols w. (AWP) knockback in any map?:question: and launching zombies will be legal at the time of event?
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Feb 8, 2013
                          Can we downsize and upscale for giant mod?
                        • Dec 16, 2015

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk
                        • Jun 4, 2006
                        • Dec 16, 2015

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk
                        • Jun 11, 2012

THAT'S 8PM EST

THAT'S OJ: MADE IN AMERICA TIME

I'll be down if someone put ze_dust2 for 2hrs and invite Haplo to make fun of every single of you.

Sent from my toaster strudel using @Secprotocol all white converse collector edition
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Funny Funny x 1