Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Something we can play together, build and, have fun with!

Discussion in Future Servers started by PeNguiN, Nov 11, 2015

1. Jul 14, 2010
    Every now and then, someone in pF has thrown up a server for minecraft or we find some game to all play for awhile. Obviously right now, everyone will be busy playing Fallout 4, but I'm sure that won't last too long, so while people are busy, I thought now might be a good time to brainstorm an idea of a future server/game we can play that encourages somewhat long term play. This could be pF sponsored or not, no plans on that officially, and this is the first I'm bringing this up..

Minecraft is an option but highly doubtful considering we always build a decent world, get bored and everyone stops playing so that ship has sailed.

I can't think of any games off the top of my head right now, but does anyone have an idea what would be a fun game we could all build something together in and not get bored of relatively quick? I like the idea of the community building something together in a game and hopefully having a blast. Please post suggestions, I really can't think of any!
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      PeNguiN, Nov 11, 2015 Last edited by PeNguiN, Nov 12, 2015
    • Oct 13, 2011
      how high are you?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        I don't have any good ideas really, but I've been jonesing to play Minecraft for a while now. There have been several updates since the last time I played, especially with yall
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jul 14, 2010
          Hell, I'd be up for minecraft if everyone was, I just have a feeling there will be strong opposition. I am now thinking the best way to do this would be to play a game that is sandbox. Free to play would be better, but that'll be tougher to find. I will start browsing sandbox games and see if I can find any good ideas. I know Dill would love a rust server too and we've never tried that out! Any game with a sandbox/base building type niche would be fun. And, no this not something I want to rush into. Please post if you are interested, and keep it relatively serious... *FU KYLE AND CAT*
          Edit: Once we select a few games, we can get a poll going and see what interests people. Genre will be important too if anyone cares about space/fantasy/realistic... etc..
          PeNguiN, Nov 11, 2015 Last edited by PeNguiN, Nov 11, 2015
        • Feb 8, 2013
          ARK is on top of the list for me. Nothing beats the experience of taming a dinosaur.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            It's not a building game, but it is a zombie game so it goes along well with our theme. DayZ. I haven't played it in awhile so I am not sure if the standalone version is better now. I stopped playing because the standalone just wasn't caught up to the Arma II mod version yet and I had gotten rid of the mod thinking standalone was gonna be better.
          • Mar 10, 2014
            if your looking for a simple game that has interactive map making as well as building, try looking into Cube 2 Sauerbraten. http://sauerbraten.org/ i had a lot of fun map making back in the day, thing is i doubt a lot of people still run on those servers
          • Apr 13, 2012
            Minecraft would be awesome to play with people lol. I vote minecraft
          • Feb 25, 2014
            U guys where never into rpgs's? otherwise you could always begin a guild in a popular game. Also is there still no news on a new multiplayer 007?
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Sep 14, 2008
              I love rpgs btw
            • Feb 25, 2014
              I have played Lord of the rings online, still do lol but ok, Aion, Archlord, Guildwars. I loved playing in guilds especially on team speak doing raids or pvp. That would give a good boost to the community if you ask me.

it's a shame you cannot play dark souls together or so.
              • Like Like x 1
                Meltdown™, Nov 12, 2015 Last edited by Meltdown™, Nov 12, 2015
              • Jul 14, 2010
                We've definitely been down the Rpg route, and I'd be up for one, but usually people don't play as much together, you start becoming different levels, different guild wants, etc... so not as much people playing together in that from my experience. Sure you're in the same guild, but not always doing the same things.
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Depens, I have played in guilds where we had weekly raids and everyone was online on the appointed time, also you have to see a guild as a new way to bring people to plaguefest, if you make a guild you also need a forum right:disdain:
              • Feb 5, 2013

H1Z1 is a better game than Dayz in my opinon. It's both a building game and a zombie game. They have a battle Royal mode for counter strike players.
              • Jun 11, 2012
                I love Rust even though it changes shift every once in a while. I love their building world and I get lost in it.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Oct 24, 2015
                  Rust is your answer.

Game Information: Rust is a survival game and the objective is to overcome struggles such as hunger, thirst and cold. Build a fire to stay warm, build a shelter for protection and kill animals for meat to then be cooked and eaten. Protect yourself from other players and kill them for loot or for pleasure. Create alliances with other players and form a community, build an empire!

Game system requirements:

• Processor: 2 ghz
                  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
                  • DirectX: Version 9.0
                  • Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
                  • Processor: 3 ghz
                  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
                  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980
                  • DirectX: Version 12
                  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
                  • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
                  Here is a video of some game play of a populated server, two major clans are going to war!

via https://youtu.be/_jaod9bOHAs
                • Apr 18, 2014
                  I was taking about that yesterday with @Aprz i was looking into the minecraft thing and apparently the server got shutdown because an buggy update and pF had other things to worry about at the time(idk if im right tho). Anyway, minecraft have a HUGE community and i think that it´s a good idea to look into it. There´s also Terraria but the community isn´t that big. And also, Killing Floor 2 and TF2.
                • Mar 29, 2015