Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Source Bans not working properly

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by retslag1, Jun 5, 2011

1. Feb 21, 2007
    So I got a msg saying that bans were not showing up. Looked into it...

Indeed players banned were not listed in SB...

Talking with Deto, he banned himself.... his ban did not show up in SB, however he was unable to join the server, right after he banned himself.

So its not showing up bans, but they seem to still be banned.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Pretty sure something like this happened before... where bans worked but they just didn't get added to SB for some reason... I swear this happened and I can't remember how it was fixed (or who fixed it)... :wallbash:

I think Momo said last night he banned someone yet that player could still join - same steamID/ip... yet deto's banned stayed? :blink:
  3. Feb 21, 2007
    I'm pretty sure this happened before too brian. Thought the fix was an update or something
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    Hmm... I'll check for any updates and see if it's anything obvious but I highly encourage someone else that's more familiar with SB to take a look as well... Josh?

Edit: No updates and can't find anything obvious... sigh, this better be an easy fix in the end...

Edit 2: Might have a lead... servers unable to communicate with sourcebans due to possible DNS routing issues.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    If a query fails it's dead for the duration of the map, bans are stored locally in a DB. When the connection is re-established, they're all dumped.