Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resource Source models site opened + requests available!

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by JorisCeoen, Aug 9, 2012

Good idea?

Yes 18 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Nov 11, 2011
    I do it all the time, I just didn't do it that one specific time and your website slapped me in the face. Unfortunate. :curse:
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Actually, no need to use my material. It looks crappier. Can you just make the wood texture on the counter/tabletop high res? It looks too stretched out. :beer:
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    If you really want high-res, then I would have to go with 2 textures instead of one, replacing the bar texture area. However I will try to keep it high-res within the same texture (hope that's gonna work out though).

And yes, your texture is completely unfittable xD didn't work out at all. I'm not sure how it looks stretched though, as I use a power of 2 dimension on the counter-table, but I will try to split some parts and shorten the texture to make it look sharper :thumbsup:
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Just wanted to update on the site. I have learned how to create prop_physics with breakable custom gibs, and learned to create them in about every way I want. Previously I had put on the site that I wouldn't make prop_physics, but now they are about to be one of the most amusing props to make of them all!

So for clarification, prop_physics can now be requested as well. Let me demonstrate a video of a very early stage of my contest map, containing some breakable prop_physics with custom gibs:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-EIFc7GFmc
    You may see that it bounces rather heavily at some points, this is mainly because it's a prop_physics_multiplayer. You can fix this by simply using a prop_physics, but usually it's not really any bothersome.
    JorisCeoen, Mar 4, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Mar 4, 2013
  5. May 15, 2011
    Dem exploding windows. That would make for some fun shit, being the gibs don't just shatter and fall, but fucking explode. Would make for some very fun times if implemented into a map in large quantities.
  6. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm not sure if that would be possible, but it IS possible to create gibs from the gibs... from those gibs, from those ones, from those one and it theoretically can never end.

You CAN create an explosive barrel, have that barrel gibs explosive gibs, and make it explode endlessly if you have all that time to make such props xD However I'm not sure I would be able to pull it off, not even sure if it would be worth the effort.

EDIT: You can also just have your own model being a gib from that same model, so this means shooting it will result in that prop getting generated again. And shooting those gibs result the model being spawned again. I have a video with this 'issue' because I accidentically once selected my window as a gib as well, I was able to spawn-shoot the model over a hundred times in just a couple of seconds.
  7. Apr 9, 2012
    P3D integration has now officially taken place! Check out the main page for a realtime 3D rendering view option, which will be featured on every model page I have on the site!
    I think this is a great site for 3D modellers to show off their work, and it makes it easier for other people as well to imagine the use of the model in their own scenarios!

Also, you can just have a look here:

(View in 3D)
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Having left the site a little bit in abandonement, I will finally have the time again to create some random models. I've often had the request to create tree models, because (apparantly) all the possible-to-find tree models for Source are becoming depleted and used in about any map, so I will probably be creating a whole new set of trees free for download. I'll post it here when they are finished.

For those who are interested, I will soon be uploading the final version of de_ardennes, which actually is going to become cs_ardennes_b1 because DE gameplay simply doesn't work on the map. I will still keep the DE version though and improve it as well, but on a later and longer basis because I currently feel like doing everything else but this map now that it's finished.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Hello people, it's been a while, and in the time I had exams and a whole lot of other stuff to do (including vacation etc) I finally have the time again to create some models for the site.

Something of perhaps bigger importance is the fact that I have finally, finally been able to fully rig a model (character model) with bones to prepare it for animation. Earlier this seemed like an impossible job, but after several houres of deep research and a lot of patience, I managed to understand the whole system.

There are basically 2 methods to rig a model, and one of them is the only useful one because it works for every engine, while the other doesn't: Bones VS Biped
      Bones is what we know as the skeleton that animates everything in for example our lovely Source Engine. A biped is simlpy for video rendering and default animation sets integrated in 3DS Max. Both are powerful and on first sight a biped looks more useful, but you can only use bones, and bones can have a higher degree of detail and possibilities when done correctly.

Bones are points (which can be stretched out to be exactly like a human bone) which are being assigned to the vertices of a model. So that means if you rotate or move a bone, all of it's assigned vertices will move along with bone in the direction you rotate or move it. Not only that, but you can assign them a weight in how hard or how soft you want certain vertices to move along with them, creating the flexible-like feeling in for example a human or a monster.
      You can also use envelopes (or both) which assign a certain area to vertices and autmatically assign somewhat OK results to the vertices, but manually editting each one of them is the best result you can have by far.

All of this information just to say that I can finally fully rig characters, machines, monsters and weapons alike!

This also means that the site is open for suggestions to characters (non-existing ones though) as I would be able to rig them, and actually make them useful for the Source Engine with basic animations so people could use them.

This doesn't mean (yet) that I can create player models which is assigning another model to the valve rig so it can be used in Source as a player model.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Can you rip 3 big dragon models with animations? I want them about the size of bahamut with especially good flying animations. I don't know what game they can be from but i don't mind any game as long as it has the two things i requested. I would beg for this rip. thanks.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Well, I had this before, but ripping existing models from a game is for me impossible to do, related to the site. So this will simply be a personal request rather than for the site.

People always tend to think that I'm a pro at ripping xD but I'm not entirely. I could with SSBB just because there was so much support and tools around it, but certain games are impossible to rip. So I just want to say that I can't guarantee ripping any models if I found out it's impossible to do.

However, since you are mentioning dragons I suppose you mean something like Dragon Age or Skyrim? I have Dragon age and a few other games in which dragons appear. I will search for some good ones and post them here. If I can find some with animations on the fly, that would be nice, but usually ripping animation and especially importing them is very very, very difficult. I only know SSBB on my part to have had animation files that I could import and actually use. I'll let you know!
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Ya, skyrim doesn't matter. The models i found on garrysmod didn't help me at all. One more thing, i would really really request finding a dragon with one animation if it's possible for you. I have a big rock on the map. The dragon comes flying from the sky, goes down, pulls up a big sphere rock with his feet, pulls up and flies with it. I couldn't find any good dragon animation from skyrim but this is the most important one. Other than that, thank you sir.