Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Source SDK

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by (n00b) SlayeR [BE], Jan 27, 2014

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Hello guys.

I have a problem with my source sdk, since i have windows 8 i can't open source SDK anymore he gives an error called "Steam/Steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Source/cstrike/gameinfo.txt is missing".
    I have the Gameinfo.txt in the cstrike map but it doesn't work.

Can someone help me with this problem.

Thank you.
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    After the Steam Pipe update, files got moved around. This includes the gamedata file, i believe.

To open up hammer, go to Steamapps/Your Name/Counter-Strike:Source/bin/hammer.exe
  3. Apr 28, 2013
    Oh, this issue. I wouldn't use source sdk to launch hammer. Instead, you should launch hammer from Steam/Steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Source/bin/hammer.exe.

EDIT: What Kloud said.

Also, watch this tutorial to configure hammer to work with css.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3er5lsaeg
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    Well i have nothing inside that folder :razz:
  5. Apr 3, 2013

You sure you went to Counter-Strike Source and not cstrike?
  6. Jun 25, 2013
    I'm 100% sure, he cannot find the gameinfo.txt.
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    Majke sure youre opted into the sdktools_beta under the Betas tab for CSS. IIRC that's required to get the new SDK stuff.

Hammer n stuff will be under Steam/Steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Source/bin/ like hydre said
  8. Apr 3, 2013

I think I know your problem then

Go to your steam library and right click "Counter-Strike: Source" and hit "Properties"

Navigate to the "Betas" and select SDKTools.

edit: @RedM00N too quick
  9. Feb 11, 2012
    Download and try this.
    Just set game/mod to CSS and launch Hammer Editor from menu.
  10. Jun 25, 2013
    I need to enter a code??
    Post Merged, Jan 27, 2014
    Well titty same problem he can't find the gameinfo.txt, it's very weird.
  11. Jan 30, 2013
    No, that code thing is just for private betas, which this is not.
    Just select it from the drop down menu, then close the window. It should automatically start downloading.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    It doesn't start downloading :frown:
  13. Apr 3, 2013

Not entirely sure about this, but have you tried going into Tools and downloading Source SDK Base 2013 and the Beta for that?
  14. Jun 25, 2013
    i didn't download source sdk 2013.
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    Tbh, I don't remember if it downloaded anything. May have just migrated files...don't know. Been awhile.
    Also, don't think the 2013 tools/beta is needed since I don't have it but can run hammah/sdk just fine
  16. Jun 25, 2013
    The problem is just he tells me his missing gameinfo.txt.
  17. Apr 3, 2013
    You're opening hammer.exe right?
  18. May 25, 2012
    If you installed CS:S in a different directory and try to run Hammer where the Steam client is in another, you will receive this message I think. You can just configure your gameinfo to the directory of where you installed CS:S if it's the case. Create a gameinfo.txt where Steam is installed in X:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike

The forum broke the spaces and all but you can just leech your normal gameinfo from the directory where you installed CS:S. If you're trying to run Source SDK from tools for whatever reason, you will need to run Source SDK Base 2007 at least once for it to run.
  19. Jun 25, 2013
    Well nothinf works for this shit windows 8
    Post Merged, Jan 27, 2014
    Well it seems been fixed source sdk works.Well thank you guys very much for your help.Well now i know what i need to do you guys helped me out of this problem Thank you so much guys!!!!