Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spawning Zombies

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ORLY!?!, Nov 26, 2009

1. Sep 7, 2008
    One idea I had was to have zombies spawning and be sent back to spawn. I know it seems unfair to zombies over all. But, there is a lot to be said on both sides of this idea.

Not to make it happen everyday of the week, but to have it happen one day out of the week. Such as picking a clever way of saying so. Pick a day of the week that starts with an "S" of course a weekend. Examples " Spawning Saturday or Spawning Sundays".

A little bit ago Josh was on and we were playing residant evil map. He made it whereas the zombies spawned and were sent back, by a vote I believe first. Over all the pressure was off and more humans were left alive to survive. Of course it makes it suck for the two zombies that spawn. But it gives people a reason to play due to the better chance to not get killed in a crowded room of people.

To deal with the unfair part to zombies is to increas the amount of zombies that spawn. Of course I'm talking of the number of people playing at the time. You all can decide the number of, or I could do the work and suggest it.

1-8 people 1 zombie.
    9-16 "" 2 zombies
    17-25 "" 4 zombies
    25+ "" 5 zombies

It will make the percentage of people playing more prone to be randomly selected to be a zombie. But it will of set the degree of element off unfair to spawning weekends.

Overall, I believe it would add a certain twist to the server, its community and future players. Adding a special day to any server out there keeps things fresh and entertaining.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    If that setting would actually work, it would be that...
  3. Sep 7, 2008
    I thought you could do that...

I'm not to worried about it. It would be nice though, just for a day. Add a little something something to the melting pot of this site.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    Sending the zombies back to spawn was an absolutely terrible idea (that's why the server hasn't had that in ages)
    There's a setting like this, the only downside is that it never worked properly.
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    or a surprise, everyone loves surprises.

6. Sep 7, 2008
    I can guess why, players upset they dont get cheap easy kills. Other then akers that is.

Surprises, yes they are great. But not when you're trying to survive. XD~!~