Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spectactor on server

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by marlaj, Nov 20, 2013

Do you agree that spec shouldn't waste space on server?

Yes 1 vote(s) 12.5%
No 7 vote(s) 87.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 19, 2013

I'm marlaj and I would suggest that you set an auto kick or an auto ban on the server. I always see between 10 and 20 players on the Zombie escape server on CSS and found this annoying that player are spectacting when some other player would like to play on the server and are locked because the server is full with a lot of spectacting player. My suggestion would be an auto kick for 5-10 min of spectacting with a 5 min before they can back on, the second time an auto kick with 10 or 15 min before they are back and for the third time a ban that can be appeal. If you have another idea the fix that case its free to you to do it but really spectactor player is annoying.

Thank You for taking care of my suggestion and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

marlaj
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 3, 2012
      We have an AFK Man that auto kicks spectators unless they're donators or admins.
    • Jan 30, 2013
      Banning would be too much lol. But yes I agree the (sometimes half the server players) spectators need to be dealt with other than the afk man, or change the auto afk man kick settings.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Once the server gets full and someone tries to join, AFK man runs a test on all the Spectators to see how long they have been afk. If they have been AFK for that amount of time (i think its 5 or 10 minutes) then they get kicked from the server, making room for more players to join. Or maybe i'm entirely wrong and this was horribly explained to me one of the other 700 times this thread came up
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 1, 2012
        afk man only kicks in when server's near or completely full, otherwise new players should be able to join because the server is not full yet.

if there are 25 specs but the server is only 50/63, I actually fail to see the problem as there's still 13 more slots, perhaps someone can show it to me in a different perspective.
      • Dec 27, 2012
        Not much to add. The auto-ban is a bit too much though, afk = ban?
        Tony's explanation is what you should read thoroughly. It's basically correct, not sure how long before the "afk man" kicks in though.
      • Nov 19, 2013
        Ok I did saw that there was an afk kill after 5 min or more but I didn't known about the afk on spectactor. Sorry if I post that thread and is kind annoying but thank you for taking time for answering me :smile:
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Jul 8, 2012
          The search function is always nice! Glad we could help. :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
        • Jun 4, 2006
          It kicks donators and admins as well. No one can escape AFK Man.
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Artistic Artistic x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.