Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spectate Fire

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by D3adDawn, Mar 9, 2012

1. Feb 5, 2012
    When I am a zombie and get ignited by a napalm grenade, then go into spectate, I have fire under me, and when I look at someone, they are on fire, but they do not take any damage. Just a little bug I found while in spectate after being lit on fire as a zombie.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    Blame Valve/HPE. It's not really an issue though since admins are the only ones that can force themselves into spectate, and as an admin you should know better.
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    When you parent something to a player it'll stick with them at all times until the round is over, even while in spectator.
  4. Oct 29, 2010
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    I still remember that day when you spectated me in that teleport room in roflicious. . . -__-
  6. May 11, 2011
    only time this might be a issue is when a zombie gets killed be a nade
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Once I specated a guy when I was on fire and he was running away but he turned slow because of the fire and got stabbed by other zombies lul. I kept it a secret and laughed my ass at this one.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 14, 2010
      It doesn't actually burn them or slow them down lol or else it would be a real problem.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      It does, say if I spammed a materia in Mako Reactor I'd be on fire for a minute or so, if I went to spectate I could slow people down by spectating them.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Here you go. I got my partner tony montana giving you guys a proof too that it does hurt and take away damage and slow you down and if you want another proof, go try it out. Get on fire then go to specate on zm as fast as you can.Also i never wanted this thread to be posted rofl. I had it a secret :razz:
    • Aug 1, 2011
      That could be a major, pretty abuse able problem for admins....
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Looks like you're right, it used to just be there and not do anything. Now it is a problem :/
    • Jul 4, 2011
      It doesn't hurt them, just slows down the one you're spectating as well as anyone around them.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      It's also something that shouldn't have been a secret. This is a really big advantage that admins can have over players.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      This is a loooong withstanding bug. Admins are the only ones able to do this glitch and if you're found purposely doing it you will be dealt with. We don't appreciate these antics!
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Jan 8, 2012
      • May 11, 2011
        i have seen it happen when a zombie gets naded and then gets killed still on fire
      • Jun 4, 2006
        How is this the same? The spectate glitch involves admins on fire forcing themselves into spectate, this keeps the fire attached to their entity even in spec, and if they fly around near players, their fire does damage. If a zombie gets killed while on fire, does the fire stay there where they were killed? Stick to the zombie when he respawns? What happens?
      • May 11, 2011
        most the time it stays where it was killed but some times it will glitch and the zombie can go spec with fire still on him
      • Jun 4, 2006
        ah... I guess they have to do it in the short time between respawns... seems like it would be a rare occurrence but definitely an easy to do glitch if you know about it.