Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by GRUDGE, Dec 9, 2011

1. Jul 28, 2011
    Right now the only way for someone to switch to spectator is to reconnect to the server, or have an admin move them to spectate.

Why aren't we allowed to type spectate in console? I tried this, and I got a message saying something like "Nice try there chief!" Made me feel like I was caught doing something dirty, lol. What's the reasoning behind this?
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Spec is restricted because of shit like when you get infected you goto spec and respawn as a human. If I'm wrong then that would be cool to have it unrestricted.
  3. Dec 3, 2011
    In the escape server you spawn back as zombie soon you become a zombie so there it would be not a problem to get this code public.
    Correct me if i am wrong but so far i saw i didnt saw them come spawn back as human

On the zombie mod server i cant tell, dont play so much there, i am more for ZE :grin:

4. Feb 18, 2011
    Right after zombies spawn I believe you can spawn as a human, I could be wrong though,
  5. May 11, 2011
    well it could make balancing issues with zombies going spec and if the last human does it the map time resets
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Nope, you cannot.

The problem with this though, is that the zombies will just go to spectate to do.. well... nothing. If they have to rejoin they probably don't want to bother, same counts for humans, they might intentionally join spec and go zombie that way.
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    Spectate was abused in the past by people to avoid being killed. For example: When a human was about to get stabbed they would go into spectate and rejoin as zombies, that wouldn't hurt their k/d ratio and rank (back when we had it). Same goes for zombies, if a human was about to kill them they would join spectate and rejoin a team with full health. Hope this clarifies the reason it has been restricted.
  8. Jul 28, 2011
    Now I understand why we can't have nice things.
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    Oh I understand you :razz:inch: Many things have been restricted over the years, so sad.
  10. Dec 3, 2011
    Omg thats so lame :frown: then i prefer let this restricted indeed..
    Why cant they just play normal then you guys dont need to restrict thoose things [IMG]
  11. Jul 28, 2011
    That's just how they troll.
  12. Dec 30, 2011
    When the round begins and the starter/mother zombies haven't been selected, you can press M and change to spectate. Or wait till you die