Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spectators

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Nawzlew, Dec 14, 2012

1. Oct 20, 2012
    Is there anyway for there to be a limit on how long you can be in spec?

Sometimes I'll wait 15 minutes to join a server, and when I get on I see like 10 people just sitting in spectators.
  2. Oct 20, 2012
    theres an autokick plugin in pf but it only kicks non donator/admins
  3. Oct 20, 2012
    Does the plugin only work for those that are "inactive". I know plenty of people that just sit in spec and chat.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
  5. May 31, 2012
    I see the afk kicker working all the time lol
  6. Jul 20, 2010
    There's an AFK kicker that will kick anyone that's afk for a while on the server, but it doesn't do anything to people that are in spec just watching and talking in the server. Don't think we'd want to kick people that are in the server watching and having a good time or had to move to spec to get some food or what not.
  7. Feb 21, 2007
    As others have stated, I believe it only kicks afk players that are non donator/admins in spec. I dont know the timelimit on how long players are required to be "afk"
  8. May 31, 2012
    I'm in spec a lot because I like to watch the "good" players' tricks and secrets. Very helpful.

There are some labs at work that take hours to run. I enjoy watching while I work the controls. Even in complete spare time at work, I choose not to play because of all the clicking and sound it would make which would be disturbing to my esteemed colleagues.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Not sure if anybody else said it, but there's an AFK kicker. Now, what it does it that it kicks those who are inactive. When the server is full, any non-donor/admin in spectator is the first up to be kicked, so the 10 people you saw in spectate were most likely donors/admins only.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      I was actually going to make a thread about this issue as well.. I'll just chime in here..

While I see your point that you want to encourage the community and camaraderie.. I really wish you guys would reconsider this. Lately, the amount of spectators has been simply ridiculous. Maps like predator, mako, paper, skyrim, even mount doom and helms deep, ALL have 15+ spectators nearly constantly, and I've seen it in the 20's before on maps like industrial deja vu, legoland, voodoo, and some of the other moderately popular maps. Its even worse on things like firewall, breakable, etc. A day or two ago when I played about 5 maps, there were never less than 15 spectators... and some of the maps had 20+.

I started playing on pf because it was absolutely epic playing with 50+ players in ZE, and I'm sure a lot of us got into ZE because of this. I don't know how the AFK/spec kicker worked last spring, but there were commonly 50+ players (and 10 or less spectators). I think I remember that players used to get kicked from spec if they were not a donator or admin (regardless of if they were AFK or not). Is there any way we can go back to this? Plaguefest rarely has more than 45 actual players anymore...

edit: or can we go halfway, and kick non-donators/admins in spec after they have been there for 5 or 10 minutes? (this would still allow them to use the bathroom, get food, sit out a round or two, etc... but would stop them from spectating map after map.. and some of them do spectate several maps in a row for some reason..)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        I don't see what's wrong with people that just want to spec for a while on the server, they wish to just see people play for a while and enjoy watching people fail at maps over and over again. If they happen to be afk the plugin will get them or an LSA with the clearafks. Seems kinda silly trying to add a time limit to how long they can sit in spec before they get kicked even if their not afk and watching/talking with people playing.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Normally, I would agree. I just think that having 1 out of every 3 people in the server sitting in spectate is hurting the server more than helping :/ If it was just 10 specs (1 out of every 6 players) I wouldn't have posted in this thread.. but when the server is full, the average number of spectators is literally about 20.

edit: again, I'm just talking about kicking non-donators/admins.. from what I remember last spring, one of the advertized perks of being a donator+ was that you could sit in spec.
      • Oct 17, 2011
        I don't think all 20 people on the server are all afk. I don't think we should kick non donors or admins because it's not fair. The afk kicker seems fine to me and there should be no change.
      • Apr 12, 2012

All I'm saying is.. whats the point of going to all the trouble to pay for and maintain a 60 player server when it has become literally a 40 player server with 20 HLTVs?
      • May 31, 2012
        Don't forget that admin and donator pay helps contribute to this possible maintenance. If you kick admins and donators who are spectating, that is just a slap in the face. I am regularly a spectator and I would be very upset I got kicked just for watching.
      • Oct 7, 2012
        It's true that there is an average about 15 specs a game, but most of them pay for a slot so they can spec for however long they want. Noob question, do non donators get kicked in spec if they're talking or if they're completely afk?
      • Jun 11, 2012
        You get kicked to spec if you are either human or zombie and you are afk. Afterwards if you're afk while in spec, then adk-kicker kicks you caboose out the door.
      • Oct 7, 2012
        but if you're talking while in spec are you still gonna get kicked
      • Apr 12, 2012
        It would be nice if you actually read what I said instead of randomly assuming something. I said twice: I'm only advocating kicking non-donators and non-admins. I can't be more clear...

And no, only about half of the people in spectate at any given time are donators/admins. The rest are mostly randoms who sit in spec for several maps in a row doing and saying nothing.
      • May 31, 2012