Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pending Speechless..

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Senya, Nov 9, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 5, 2012
    Today on Zombie Escape few players were mocking Muslims on the mic constantly. This went on for probably an hour or so, and admin Fluffeh was there during the entire period doing nothing. Instead she chose to partake in so called hysterical session by constantly laughing on the mic, and enticing more provoking discriminative statements from the mic spammers. I thought it was blatant discrimination, but if an admin is enjoying it, what power can players even exercise, so I waited to express my concern to other admins. Retslag and Divine came on after an hour or so, and Divine agreed it was discrimination and retslag ended up muting those mic spammers.

When asked why fluffeh didn’t take action throughout the whole period, her reason was that none of the players were offended. So is it ok to be racist if no one is offended? No. I could careless how she feels in her heart but server rules have to obviously be followed. I’ve seen pf admins drop n bombs on other ze servers but conduct themselves appropriately on PF. And seeing a lv 3 admin conduct themself this way was embarrassing to see.

This is obviously not what PF stands for, and I know players in PF who are Muslims that wouldn’t appreciate all these discriminative remarks that was thrown today.

If you want proof, ask fluffeh for the 2hour demo that she saved as a souvenir.
  2. Oct 18, 2012
    You're telling me I was the ONLY Admin on through out the 2 hours?
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    Do you have one? I'd appreciate it if someone did record (and then supplied) a demo.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
  5. Oct 18, 2012
    I was only laughing on the mic you can ask anyone on there.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    There is still an issue if she's simply ignoring rule breakers.
  7. Oct 18, 2012
    Note that I wasn't the only admin on nor were they taking action. So don't blame it ALL on me.
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    As a level 3 admin, you should have stepped up and enforced the rules. Trying to shift the blame to the other admins that were on but not doing anything is a sign of severe immaturity, as well.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    From the Demo provided, they were saying Obama was the Pope. Then someone said he can't be the Pope because he's a Muslim. Not that I find the claim comical, but I find the ignorance hitting unbeknown scales quite fascinating and humorous. The whole thing appears to have stemmed from a kid talking about goats. While I would have muted everyone as the chatter was horrifyingly awful to listen to (yes; that would be abuse), I don't see any fault here.

With that being said; the demo provided is context-less. When it changes into talking about Muslims, Fluffeh asked twice if anyone had a problem with it in chat. Keima responded no one does about 20s~ later... So largely I'm confused. If the problem was you wanted to remain anonymous, you can chat directly to all admins online by using team chat then prefixing your message with @. This should be on every server. If this doesn't work on ours, please tag me as it's quite critical that it does.

Maybe I'm missing something, or there was something on the Map that truly caused this. The chatter seemed fairly regular, and no one outright said they were offended besides one person classifying it as Hate-Speech. As to if it was the chatter, or something else; I do not know. I don't believe there was anyone making fun of anyone else's culture or religion, just one confused individual.
  10. Jan 5, 2012
    From what I noticed you were the only active admin.
    Sure you weren't participating directly, but by laughing constantly on the mic and typing on chat "my sides hurt cause im laughing so much", you're basically giving approval indirectly to the mic spammers.

Here's the demo below if it helps, its not the whole thing but the possible tipping point. There was a lot of spam prior to this, fluffeh has the whole thing. Unfortunately this is the only demo i got.

Demo seems too big, sorry never uploaded a demo before.
  11. Mar 8, 2013
    I was there the entire time while this was going on. Not sure how long but it was over a period of several hours. I think it was 5 or so people who were the main participants on mic. I imagine the reason FluffehKitteh is being singled out is that she was active and enforcing rules, including the no racism rule, but letting this pass.

I personally wasn't offended, in fact I found it funny at times. Just giving some information on what actually happened. One thing I do find strange though is that apparently laughing non-stop for hours on microphone (and not saying a single coherent word during that entire time) ISN'T considered mic spamming??
  12. May 25, 2012
    Although, I don't know if this helps in anyones case at all, here are two other demo's from my side. There was a fairly large amount of mic traffic going on and it was a bit excessive. For other admins being there I only saw FluffehKitteh and Divine. Later when retslag had joined in people were relieved a bit when things calmed down as he started muting people. Feel free to download here.

Also, for admin chat in the server could you please bring back so we can see the message appearing to other admins? It's apparently gone all together when trying to reach out. It used to display (ADMINS ONLY) Syoudous: somethingsomething. I was confused on this and thought admin chat was scrapped all together.
  13. Oct 18, 2012
    I wasn't trying to blame other admins I was pointing out that I was not the only admin on the server when all of this occurred.
  14. Jan 21, 2011
    Which is completely irrelevant, but as I've not watched the demo and will be incapable of doing so until later tonight, I will take my leave of this thread.
  15. Aug 30, 2013
    When an admin talks to another admin it comes up ADMINS ONLY
    when a player talks to an admin it comes up TO ADMINS ONLY

not sure if that helps with the last part of your post but unless you are an admin I can't see why there would be a need to view ADMIN ONLY chats. Just my opinion though.
  16. Feb 27, 2012
    He meant when a regular player typed to admin chat (they can, and i like when they do, it makes dealing with issues easier at times) it would read back to you your message. You can't read the messages as a regular player, but you used to be able to see your own. Kinda sucks lacking it, since you never know if the message went through or not.
  17. Sep 9, 2012
    the guy was just being a joker he seemed like he belonged in a late night comedy dive bar, fluffehkittin did ask later if people were offended by it and when a few players said yes it seemed to stop soon after.
  18. Feb 11, 2012
    I was also there in spectate as nobody mentioned my name I will assume nobody knew I was there so will say I was there.
    Yes the mic chatter was a bit high but that's just because Jim was there having fun. He like to talk a lot. As the Muslim talk started to escalate but before I go any further you can clearly tell it was all for kicks and giggles and not to offend anyone, which is when Fluffeh asked if anyone was being offended by all of it and I didn't see anyone say yes. Fluffeh even asked a second time later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.