Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spoka

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by sajak, Jun 20, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Way to ban yourself permanently during training @Spoka LOL :heart:

[IMG]
  2. Aug 2, 2010

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008

They ban themselves permanently and alter it thru sourcebans.

Obviously if they fail to do that, then they don't get to go back to the training server, do they, Kiddo?
      • Zing! Zing! x 2
      • Feb 20, 2011
        When I was first told the ban command, I did it automatically because I'd been typing out all previous commands before.A few seconds later I recieve an IM from @Dani saying "You weren't actually supposed to ban yourself......."

At least mine was only 5 minutes :grin:
      • Nov 11, 2011
        You obviously join in conversations that no one wants you to be in. Butt out! It's an insider joke.

Training bans are only supposed to be for less than five minutes, some trainers make you do it, others just tell you about it. Never have I heard a trainer actually go over SourceBans and removing the ban... unless you're calling @Badgriuel a bad trainer. :stop:
      • Oct 29, 2010
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Jan 21, 2011
          I linked three bans where the trainer had the trainee permanently ban themselves through sourcebans. Since many new admins were unaware of how to web ban people, we added it to the checklist of things to go over when training.
          • Winner Winner x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Feb 9, 2012
            I recall needing to ban myself and learning how to unban myself as part of my training xD. I'm sure the perm ban didn't start that way but rather he was learning how to edit ban durations. Although putting a "warning for racism" as a reason probably isn't a good idea in case something happens in the future.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Ah, that makes everything clearer. :nerd:
            • Jul 1, 2010
              I told him to ban himself permanently lol. He originally did a non duration, then I had them do that via reban over SB's and then had him unban himself.. kinda common lol.
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 1, 2011
                I certainly do. That's why I make sure they ban themselves for at least 5-10 minutes so that I have time to go through SourceBans, like editing the ban length, showing them the upload demo button, adding a comment, etc.
              • Aug 2, 2010
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Then obviously I never got my moneys worth! Badgrieul re-train me you bastard, and this time make me permanently ban myself!!
                • Aug 2, 2010
                  I can permanently ban you, just for your sake. Make sure you learn how to unban yourself.
                • Nov 11, 2011
                • Feb 18, 2011
                  Hmm...If you have them ban themselves permanently and unban themselves..Then Rets Obviously messed up training me
                • Jan 27, 2011
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Sep 14, 2008
                    I never make my trainees perma ban themselves lol
                    • Agree Agree x 1