Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Spraying in spectate

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by D3adDawn, Mar 7, 2012

1. Feb 5, 2012
    I think it would be a good idea if admins could Spray in spectate, this would help if an admin was in spectate and notices an illegal spray, and simply sprays over it instead remembering where it is and having to find it and spray over it. Just another suggestion.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    I want to say this is more of an engine thing and not a server setting....

Thoughts, @Kyle or @Brian?
  3. Feb 18, 2011
  4. Aug 1, 2011
    I'm sure a plugin could be made to do this, the hard part is finding someone willing to do it.

If this plugin ever gets made, much evil can come from it. Imagine hiding alone somewhere, and then all of a sudden a spray of some creepy picture shows up right in front of you, hours of entertainment to be had.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Why not just do what you are suppose to do and warn/kick the person? JUST A SUGGESTION
      :grin:
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Sounds pretty handy, but does anyone know what determines which spray goes on top? I know it's not always the most recent one sprayed, and this idea would not work if the "spectate spray" was just covered by the illegal one.
    • Feb 5, 2012
      True.. That would be the only problem... :thinking:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'd like to add onto this idea, but from a different perspective. Something that we really need is a better way to identify sprays. Possibly highlighting the one we're trying to ID, or maybe show a little thumbnail of it in the corner of the screen when you @spray it. I've ran into too many problems of not being able to ID some pretty nasty/illegal sprays in the past.
    • Mar 16, 2008
      What is the point of using @spray if you are just going to spray over it. Punish or don't punish.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      i believe what he wanted out of this was that after the person has been warned/punised for the spray, that we would then be able to cover it up, so others would not have to be exposed to it. sometimes people have outright disgusting/offensive sprays that i'd have to wait till the next round before i can cover it up with my own spray (if it even covers)
    • May 15, 2011
      On another server I'm on admins have access to all the players sprays currently in-game, I found this very useful when trying to figure out who sprayed a spray, instead of trying to @spray it but some fuckwad sprayed over it, so I can't get the name, so I go through the sprays and once I found it I can deal with the illegal spray. Also great fun when dicking around. ^^
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I saw a plugin like that, but shit like that is unstable. There really is not much of an issue with finding illegal sprays since we still ban on a daily basis for it. I think we should keep things as is.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      We can, but I wont. Trying to crush existing bugs before I work on new things, unless if you think my time would be better spent on this.

@Anathema this would be a good easy plugin to do.
    • Feb 5, 2012
      There. That was mainly why I thought of it, so that after you do warn/ban, no one has to see that disgusting or gross spray.
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Alright I guess I will take a shot at this, will post back with some attempts. :razz:
      • Like Like x 1