Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Star Wars day

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Clam Chowder, May 4, 2011

1. Nov 29, 2010
    May the Fourth be with you :grin:
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    I'm lost. Is there an official/ unofficial Star Wars Day on May 4th?

I guess I'll celebrate the original trilogy and any decent continuity writing (though there is little of that in all the fanfic... ugh).

Also, I expect this emote to be spammed.
    :starwars: :starwars: :starwars:
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: I love STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    Star Trek pwns Star Wars

5. Aug 18, 2006
  6. Jan 12, 2011
    CokeCola or Pepsi?
    Dr. Pepper.

Star Trek or Star Wars?
    Battlestar Galactica (new series).

I'm more of a trekkie as opposed to a... jedi? (dunno name for SW fans...), but Galactica is just awesome and far more consistent than either of those.
    Plus the music is amazing. Go Bear McCreary! :grin:
  7. Feb 11, 2011
    The force beats a phaser any day
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    A photon torpedo, or even a tricobalt device >>> the shitty force.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    I didn't post this here to argue which universe is better, I just wanted to post about a day to recognize pop-culture
  10. Sep 26, 2010
    LOL resistance if futile star wars RE REEEEEEEEEES
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    Lol. I know, I couldn't resist. Happy May 4th to all you Star Wars fans.
  12. Jan 12, 2011
    I know, too, but I'm usually the odd one on discussions. Two options on a clearly polarizing topic is never enough for me. A third option is always there and usually better. :laugh:

PS - The force isn't supposed to make you godlike like the SW Unleashed series makes you want to think. You can only control so much around your immediate vicinity and usually not energy (only light sabers can deflect or absorb), excepting masters like Yoda and Sidious. So yeah, phasers, photon torpedos, and whatnot will end anyone's day.

I'll shut up now. :sweat:
    Same should go for everyone. This is now a Star Wars only thread. Nerd rage and sperg to your heart's content about Star Wars related things.
    Make another thread if you want to compare universes. Have a nice day, Internet. :biggrin:
  13. Jan 30, 2011
    Since this is a star wars themed thread, thought this would be good here. Turns out that star wars mmo being developed by BioWare and Lucasarts is coming out sometime in fiscal Q2 or Q3, so it will be live by the end of 2011.
  14. Sep 26, 2010
    :whistling: I don't recall mentioning any other universes in this thread...as a side note, a gentleman wearing a white t-shirt and khaki pants approached my aunt at the Barnes N' Noble in town (specifically in the scifi section) and ridiculed her for reading fantasy books by claiming "you obviously prefer Star Wars since that is more fantasy based." The conversation ended abruptly after asking her whether or not she played D&D while wearing skimpy outfits :sick:
  15. Sep 26, 2010
    Star Wars: The Old Republic is supposed to be a SP/MMO hybrid...I'm certainly going to look into it (as long as I'm not too occupied with The Elder Scrolls V) but I really wish they would have produced KOTOR III :ermm:

16. Jan 12, 2011
    I haven't played much of the KOTOR games as much as I've wanted to, but it's on my "Games to Play" list for sure. I've heard generally good things about it. Also, and sadly, it seems Star Wars tech has basically stagnated for hundreds of years. AND NO I WILL NOT MENTION THE PREQUELS. They don't count since they really make a mess of the tech line....
  17. Jan 30, 2011
    Here is another trailer from E3 2009, was my favourite one so far:

18. Jan 12, 2011
    Actually, how much of KOTOR is dependent on the prequel trilogy and its tech? I'll admit some things are definitely awesome, but for continuity's sake the prequels really seem too advanced for what should've been only a few decades of time until the original trilogy. I know the Empire really reverts and controls people and tech, and a ton of organization is lost with the massacre of the Jedis, but it just doesn't make sense. (Why I try to avoid tech conflicts in the SW universe.) Maybe some things were smoothed over in the novels, but most of them are pretty crazy and only a handful are worthwhile, I've heard.
  19. Sep 26, 2010
    KOTOR takes place 5000 years before the original movies and offers great perspectives on different worlds like Korriban (home world of the original Sith Empire), Kashyyyk, Taris, Manaan, and more! It's a time period where the Republic and Sith empire are really duking it out for control...I played through the game 8 times and finished it every single time...I've never played another game I enjoyed so much.

KOTOR II takes place after the first XD (no shit sherlock?) but it's much moodier and just adds to what the first was so successful with while including lots of new toys to play around with...you can now influence party members and bring them to the light or make em bad like I always did :razz: corrupting is so much fun in those games...it also includes specialization classes like the Sith Lord and Sith Assassin.

Basically I wish the new movies didn't exist but I always find comfort in those two RPGs...
    But I'm sticking with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age currently :grin:
  20. Jan 12, 2011
    Oh that sounds awesome, and thankfully is distant enough from the mainstream continuities that there is time enough to explain away things. Neato :thumbsup:
    Do they try working the nuanced decisions of Jedis / Sith into the stories? For instance Jedi are about controlling emotions and acting rationally, so they can come off quite coldly when reacting to a disaster, whereas Sith act out on their emotions, and due to their impulsiveness can actually do good acts quickly? Basically little things that play on established personalities and traits that could blur the lines between the Jedi and Sith, and not be so horribly black and white like in the movies?