Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Starter Zombie

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by N B K, Apr 15, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    So from what I've noticed is that at times Mother Zombie does nothing but tank bullets and die. Tanking isn't even a good word to use, more of absorb every single bullet possible. It's frustrating as hell to play as, I don't mind at times but there's other times when I just want to get focused down and die to switch to another class. So I was thinking about the idea of just having a random starting class? 50+ Humans and 7 or so Mother Zombies doesn't always end well for the Zombies. What are your thoughts and do you think this is a good idea?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 3, 2012
      This would be a good question for Kyle the server technician.
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Josh -Josh has done alot for the mother zombie eitherway But alas everyone agrees motherzombies are just meh
    • Mar 16, 2012
      what are the mother zombies specs other then a lot of hp ? I mean i shouldn't be more scared of a half zombie....motherzombies should be terrifying
    • Jan 21, 2011
    • Jan 2, 2012
      I think mother zombies are somewhat faster too? I think its good though, because when there are masses of zombies, and mother zombies are all behind them, they cant be pushed back and move forward, kind of like a support for the zombie pack.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      It's fine how it is, just imagine Predator with all of the half zombies running around spawn, it'd be a derp-fest. 20 zombies before we even get to the elevator.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I like the idea of the mother zombie, ours just sucks. WTB Fleshpound replacement for mother zombie! @Josh
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I like the motherzombie tho and it is fine with me so I disagree with this. Realize that the motherzombie is the only one that gains you hp if you are not donor or admin and others do not heal. It is also very hard to push back so it has to fair to have less hp and die faster but I don't think that's what it is on zm, it runs fine. I dunno about ze
    • Nov 11, 2011
      The motherzombie, from my experience: heals faster to 3000 hit points, can jump much higher, and seems to have a longer stab radius (although, it can be a random latency jump which makes it appear the motherzombie stab is further... I doubt it but I can be corrected, @Kyle). The motherzombie also has less throwback. This is all from experience in ZM1, it may differ elsewhere.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      I don't do classes. As far as I know Ray was the last one doing this on ZE.

@Josh.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I mean I like each zombie being different. It will be boring if they are all the same. Headcrab jumps high and stabs funny. Zombies is for noobs. Motherzombie is good and powerful and jumps higher. Half zombie is just normal but half and sneaker.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Consider yourself corrected - no such thing as stab radius when it comes to class definitions. AFAIK there's 2 mother zombies, one for regs and one for donors+, though I could be wrong, I haven't looked in ages. I think the donator one had high hp, but high knockback, and the nondonator had lower hp, but half the knockback, napalm on non-donator is longer... uh, non-donator might be slightly slower too, but regen faster due to lower hp... less kill bonus than the donator one too. Pretty sure Josh was the one to define our mother zombs.
    • Jun 10, 2011
      As far as I know the donator motherzombie can be chosen to play, but you don't auto spawn as it unless you've chosen it, and noone in their right mind would choose a mother zombie as their default zombie...
    • Jun 4, 2006
      That seems to make more sense. I couldn't remember a time where ZR would see if someone was a donator or not and then decide what mother zombie to give them...
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Actually it's random, if you are a donor+ it will randomly give you either the stock mother zombie or the donor one.

Also the donor mother zombie is a half-zombie.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Jul 14, 2008
        Damn right, although I never understood the math behind it.