Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Stats!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Brian, Jun 10, 2012

1. May 26, 2012
    AWESOME! also found a slight slight bug. I changed my name last night mid MG game, to include =pF= at the end. When searching for Radon there's two unique entries. Can't you make it remove duplicates seeing as SteamID is a unique field? Just ensure the entry with the latest date recorded is the one to be displayed, shouldn't be that difficult? (Sorry can't get screenshot at this time :C)
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Those entries aren't unique, they're the same. They both go to the same profile ID / link / data. If you look on your profile you'll see the aliases are listed. There's multiple entries in the search only, as players might know you by a completely different alias.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    In Maps like Mako, Predator, Minas, etc.. Grant you points does this factor into rank (Gametrackers) or is the ranking system just based on kills and damage?
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    Highly doubtful, and I only say that instead of no because I have no idea what the ZE maps are doing in terms of 'points' and what they are (don't think I've ever gotten any playing nor have I paid any attention). If it's just a scoreboard ordeal like I think it is... then no. It only recognizes certain triggers. For the most part you allocate points for kills & actions:
    Points are also earned by completing objectives in a server. For example escaping the zombies will give those who escaped/won 4 bonus points, if you infect all the humans your team gets 2 bonus points. Other bonus points are mostly player ones, meaning the points go to the player not the team that did the objective. These are your kill spree actions mostly. For MG there's other actions such as a bomb defuse or plant, et cetera.

Keep in mind the settings that we have now are just a base to get some data going. We very well may need to modify certain aspects and point values to better fit a server's game mode / play style.

More details here: http://stats.plaguefest.com/help
    • Like Like x 1
      Brian, Jun 11, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Jun 11, 2012
    • Sep 7, 2010
      Awesome! Thank you very much for this much needed addition!!!! :grin:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        May the stats-whoring movement commence! -_-

FML. . .

I try to ignore the rank. But because of the fact that I am already at no. 5 in ZM1. . .I might be seduced (or already have been) into the stats-obsession. So help me God.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 27, 2008
          To my surprise the rank works a lot better than I thought it would!
        • Nov 29, 2010
          Minigames has a competitive air to it now. I like it.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 26, 2012
            Ahh fair enough, didn't know it was a feature :smile: Cool system, as always, impressed beyond belief.
          • May 14, 2011
            Everyone lets go kill nozgat cause he is #1 on mg. From now every time i win a multigame event im gunna use a knife, I presume it gives most points.

Out of interest you sure everything is working fine because lilweapon seems to have 800 409 kills on mg with <2h playing time and a kd of 15. This surely cant be right D: .
            Ghost, Jun 11, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, Jun 11, 2012
          • Jan 11, 2012
            Sad to say but it's fine. Btw it's 409 not 800
          • May 14, 2011
            Damn whoops im tired. sry. But thats still an awfully high kill count for 2 hours. That's like 3 kills per minute. Well I guess Lilweapon must be very good. He/she is my new target in mg!
          • May 26, 2012
            Nah man it's that Jakenasty :razz: And i'm gaining ranking, like 28th in the Mg now.
          • Oct 1, 2011
            the ranking system for mg doesn't work well because there's no incentive for a rank-motivated player to play any of the coursemaps/maps with high suicide rates. every map is so different, a kill in randomizer is worth more than 3x than a kill in say lego_multigames or paul_multigames in my opinion. players can consistently win "b-hop" or "speedjump" rounds resulting in a 0% chance of dying and a 100% chance of killing the whole team ~22-24 on peak hours. maybe these can be weighted in someway but it's hard to tell how to put values on the maps.

yeah lilweapon is indeed really good. he has those stats because he has only played in multi-games where he can get all-kill rounds.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 14, 2010
              Mg is not supposed to be about the rank but the fun. Players also shouldn't not play maps to keep their rank high, it should be high if they are naturally good. The stats I look at in MG are the time played and map specific like golden eye, breakobox, smee, gun maps, not usually multigames. MG is consisted of so many different styles of play there won't be a rank system that fits all.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Oct 1, 2011
                i agree with this sentiment, from a competitive ranking standpoint, there probably can't be a system in place for mg with the diversity of maps.
              • May 12, 2012
                lilweapon wins a lot of the bhop and jump minigames, so that gives him 20+ kill rounds quite frequently. This applies to a lot of people as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
              • Jul 28, 2011
                Best solution for mg server: compete for the lowest rank!
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • May 23, 2012
                  Very cool! did not know PF had our stats up, Glad to see I'm in there! :smile:
                • Mar 19, 2012
                  Just noticed that for ZE zombie stats need nerfing. almost all points come from zombie kills. For example, Iprobie who is in 1st place in ZE has 450 zombie kills and only 50 human kills. zombie kills should be nerfed to count as 1/5th as much points as a human kill or something.