Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Stats!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Brian, Jun 10, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    This is y u dont take the rank too serious in ZE....u would need seperate rankings for humans and zombies ....and even that would depend on luck.. who shot the last bullet on that zombie...ze is teamwork ...stats are a little fun to watch and gives some interesting information ... but if u start to improve the system u will find more and more and just make zombiekills 5 times more worth would be only the beginning

tony is on place 200...so he is a noob now? not
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    I tried to not give a fuck about rankings/stats
    but seeing how people like jook are bothering about me being rank 1, I like to shove it and rub it off your stupid faces so you can go away with you and your obsession with rankings.

like -L- said, ranking only translate how often you play here and how well you perform. Tony is not here too often but he's doing real awesome when he's there.

on a side note: you should've noticed how I'm a bullet magnet if I'm a zombie, everybody always shoots at me even though there are 20-30 zombies everywhere.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    Stats are only fun and competitive when they make sense and are tailored to our mod. Why even have stats if they are only semi-accurate?

If you don't want to be competitive this does not pertain to you.
    Also @iProbie if you don't give a fuck about rank, why on ze_surf do you stand at the end of teleport and feed kills like a noob every time... this is why you are rank #1.
  4. Mar 20, 2012
    he done it before stats even were implemented.....so thats iprobie's style to kil all failsurfers
  5. Feb 9, 2012
    bringing out ranking causes issues like these...people are gonna start finding ways to get higher in the ranking and teamwork completely diminishes as it progresses. In no way am i saying probie does this but...it is likely some people are intentionally getting killed just to kill humans as it is easier that way and some may be ''stupidly edging'' and turning on their teammates as well. It's too hard to have an accurate and reliable ranking for ze...that's just how ze is..it wasn't made to be competitive. rankings were always left to be for games that involve skill.
  6. Mar 19, 2012
    Which is why we need to promote tryhard humans, not zombies.
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    You obviously care more about rank than anyone else in this thread. Why is it that you can find some way to complain about every feature we implement into our site / servers?
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    I was under the impression that zombie kills were already nerf'd, as the weapon for zombie kills is "zombie_claws_of_death" and this weapon is not being tracked by stats. Zombies are able to get team point bonuses for infecting all humans, but I was pretty sure zombie kills weren't being tracked. @iProbie is it safe to say you didn't get 500+ kills as a human only? and those are mostly kills as a zombie?

If zombie claws are added they will be added at a very very low point modifier, something like 0.05 so it takes 20 zombie kills to get 1 point, which might be an OK setting given how easier it is to get a kill as a zombie than it is as a human, however this setting hasn't been decided on yet as I'm still monitoring the current data being collected and seeing how that's going, but now I need to know if said data is including zombie kills as it is. The regular zombie mod servers might get zombie claws as well but also at a low point modifier but perhaps not the same value as ZE. If zombie kills are indeed being tracked currently then zombie claws need to be added no matter what, either at 0 points (at this rate it would only be kill stats and nothing to progress your points) or as mentioned a very low modifier. Likely the latter as this gives zombies ways to earn points but it would have to be a value that didn't make it easier to gain points than as a human. Needs to be a point earning balance on both sides for the most part.

A full stats reset is a definite possibility after all servers have been monitored and tweaked accordingly if need be.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Well Being Zombie Really Boosts you up from what i've seen In game May be a useless post but just wanted to clarify
    • May 14, 2011
      would be nice if you could get like 1/20 points for every kill a zombie you just infected gets. This would give you a nice bonus if you screwed over the humans by somehow flanking the humans, as seen many times in surf facility, just an idea. This point thing would be active for 10 secs after you infected someone.
    • Mar 19, 2012
      You guys see me as complaining, I see it as helping out. Do you really expect management to be able to find all these minor bugs and stuff?

@Brian there is a number of total kills and a number in parenthesis that is actually kills as a CT or weapon. I think that around 1/5th points per zombie kill would be fair here's why: average zombie K/d = 2.09 and average human k/d is 0.57. Source
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Brian made me look like a huge dick with his friendly/helpful response so I'll just put my foot directly in my mouth. Carry on.
    • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Apr 1, 2012
        it's safe to say that zombie kills are already recorded in the stats.
        like many others said, ZE is about teamwork (most of the time) and people who, let's say, sacrifice themselves to let their team have a better chance to win, might drop down in rank from dying.
        not to mention maps where zombie have high HP settings (like 50k in mako or 10k in pred) make things a lot harder for human kills.
      • May 5, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Stats have been fully reset on ZE, ZM, and ZMP (sorry, had to in this case). All weapon point modifiers have been edited & modified to better fit how they're used in-game / how useful they are when killing zambs. Zombie Claws have been added as a weapon and their point modifiers are as follows:

ZE: 0.25
          ZM: 0.50
          ZMP: 0.70

This was calculated based on the # of human kills, # of zombie kills, human kpd, and zombie kpd for each server.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Apr 12, 2012

Is there any way to remove location information? I, like some of the others in this thread, would much rather have it turned off. Or is there a way to edit location on a player by player basis?

Is there any way total damage done per round can be factored into the stats? In my opinion, this is the one statistic we could track to determine as close as possible the actual 'skill' of a player.

Last, is there any way to have accuracy count for points? Or maybe accuracy on a per round basis, for bonus points?
          • Mar 12, 2008
            Message google and tell em you don't like it. It's Googlemaps Integrated, so unless one changes it (stats) completely there probably wouldnt be any way to turn it off. I don't know exactly how this works.
          • Mar 4, 2012
          • Jun 4, 2012
            Thanks for bringing in the ranking system. I don't take it too seriously myself, but I do find it fun to harass the people who do! The only drawback I've noticed so far is that the levels of douch-baggery and ass-hattery seem to be rising steadily whilst the teamwork and general happy-go-lucky-let's-have-fun-and-who-cares-if-we-die levels have dropped a little. I have to laugh a little cause some of these people have the 'retry' or 'quit' cmd bound to a key so that they can quickly disconnect before getting killed if things don't go their way (see ass-hattery comment above). Is there something that can be done about that? Like say losing points for quitting or disconnecting?? lol.. Upon further reflection that doesn't look like it would work too well, but it might keep people playing on the server for longer!! haha j/k

Anyways, I guess it just boils down to this: remember to just take it easy and have fun whether you are into stats or not. It's a GAME people!!