Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Stats!

Discussion in Server Updates started by Brian, Jun 10, 2012

1. Mar 19, 2011
    Reset ZE's stats every month, oh boy. :giggle:
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    We could just reset the points every X months or at whatever interval. This would mean all other stats are retained - kills, weapons, accuracy, maps, etc, but points are reset and thus your rank/position is reset and only kills/actions from that point forward will gain or cost you more points starting at 1,000. Right now the stats are setup to never reset, but if everyone wanted them to reset at some interval it's certainly doable. I just figured most would want some sort of "all time" ordeal as it's setup now, as you can easily lose your points for inactivity... so someone who got to the top wouldn't stay there unless they played consistently.
  3. May 15, 2011
    This is illegal and is punishable by admins.

[IMG]
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    There are several donators who do this also and think they have immunity... not when I'm around :zombiekiller:
  5. May 15, 2011
    Woah. I didn't add that. That's some freaky voodoo magic there. Where'd the picture come from?
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 4, 2012
      Thanks for the heads up! :smile: I knew that it was illegal to disconnect to avoid a mute or gag, but I was not aware that it also applied to getting killed. Makes sense though :smile:
    • May 14, 2011
      Last time I tried to bind retry console just executed the command lol. I just assumed you couldn't do it.

This isn't an out of game method. It is very in game. People who still care about rank in mg can still be seen suiciding to avoid losing points. Always remember rank is skill*effort. So it doesn't really matter. Although it is a fun system people ruin it by trying hard. If you didn't tell anyone it existed for 2 weeks, then checked the results would have been by far more accurate.

Just my view on the whole thing.

Sent from my phone.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      'retry' is a very "out of game" method, since when we talk about being IN-game, we're referring to you actually playing it, and to actually be playing you need to be connected to a server and a team (public or your own), once you leave that server/team (joining spec) you've technically left 'the game'. I think you're just being a little too literal. Also we could make it so people get penalized for suicide, but since it's MG... the maps kill you a lot, so it doesn't seem very fair. Not sure if these map kills register as point_hurt and not suicide but I'm presuming they count as suicide. Falling off a platform in MG and dying would be a suicide, kill in console as well.
      Brian, Jul 3, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Jul 3, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
      Wait so you do or you don't lose points? Would it be against the rules to suicide in a near death circumstance in mg then? This is what I mean by effort in the equation, watching out for every death leads to frustration.

Also for the rest of the post :thumbsup: (dont have ratings on tapatalk)

Also another question. Some people play mg just for rank. Would it be considered griefing if a person who is skilled at something such a bhop picks the same map >3 times?

Edit: oi u changed your post

Sent from my phone.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Currently you do NOT lose points for a suicide as it is MG and suicides are part of most of the maps, so players would lose a considerable amount of points even if they were playing regularly. The 'dont use out of game methods to avoid getting killed' is in the Global server rules, it applies to MG as well. If you see a player consistently reconnect as he's about to be killed by something he can be warned/punished. I wouldn't bother with a player unless I saw him/her do it multiple times, I give the first one to them as a freebie. The only 'deaths' players need to worry about is them being killed by other players, that's the only way you lose points. I'm not going to get into punishing people for RANK purposes, that will never happen, ranks aren't going to become an issue like that. However what you describe has always been frowned upon (the same player picking the same minigame over and over cause he's first) - players that do this are usually told to pick different shit and not the same thing over and over as it pisses players off.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I've found myself outnumbered 5 to 1 in a MG map and charge and suicide, not to avoid death but for humour. I think people are going a little overboard with stats and how it effects their gameplay. A player picking the same map over and over can't really be made against the rules since it's part of the map and they're not exploiting just being selfish whores. I like how suicides aren't counted against players in stats because there are a lot of course maps, standalone or in multigames.

To answer your first question, I think it a bit ridiculous for an admin to watch out for someone suiciding in a near death circumstance to save their rank. Kind of answered the second question above.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 14, 2011
          :thumbsup: to both your posts. However, it would be nice if sensible admins, maybe lvl3+ could tell people to stop picking the same mini game if it's picked >5 times. Have some sort of control over this. I realise its selfish but it gets to the point where players only join the server on rank boosting maps and then just boost their rank on them.

Sent from my phone.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          You can tell them... just use your common sense and feed off the players getting angry at the person who picks AWP or BHOP 5+ times in a row or whatever. You'll know when it's getting out of hand and something should be said. Them doing this could be considered griefing/trolling after a while, the first 2-3 times are indeed just them being selfish and you shouldn't worry about encouraging them pick other shit. Also you getting involved wouldn't be fueled at ALL by ranks, just the fact that the individual is choosing the same bullshit over and over.
        • May 14, 2011
          So we CAN do something about it. My original post was asking if we can use our common sense or if it is allowed. I usually say it is allowed if admins ask if they are unsure. Ok ill take this new approach from now on.

Sent from my phone.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Just to be clear for everyone's sake, you were asking if it was OK to punish people who killed themselves at the end of a MG map such as bhop to avoid losing points in rank by being killed where the winning player gets a para and mows people down, and the answer is no. However you can say something if a player picks the same minigame over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum, regardless of their reasoning in doing so (they simply like it, they're good at it, they're mowing suckers down, whatever), as I explained above.
        • May 14, 2011
          Thanks for putting this black on white. Will be much better as a reference point rather than just Chinese whispers in admin chat.

Sent from my phone.