Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Status of Zombie Escape

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Ray, Dec 10, 2011

1. Aug 18, 2006
    The ZE server is currently down for repairs. I've been attempting to fix the "ammo refill lag", and crashing issues all night. However it's getting late and I need to catch some sleep. I'll continue work tomorrow. Needless to say it's fucked at the moment.

[EDIT] Server is back online. Whether or not the crash/lag issues are fixed, is currently unknown.
  2. Mar 26, 2011
  3. May 11, 2011
    ok go get some rest you need after wroking on it all day
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    You don't even play on ZE!
  5. Oct 20, 2011
    all i have to say is tttthhhaaaaaannnnkkkkk yyyyyooooouuuuuu
  6. Feb 18, 2011

Wow when have you been on ZE either.

ZE is better than ZMP.
  7. May 11, 2011
    i have seen Steve on from time to time
  8. Mar 20, 2011
    Thanks Ray for your hard work!
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Just to share what I think I found with Luffaren a while ago. The lag appears to be 2x longer because we're sending out 67 updates a second compared to our counterparts only sending/receiving 33.

I'm 99.8% sure everyone has the same issue. Just clients have longer to deal with it so it doesn't appear as brutal.

We can always do the same and sacrifice jump/hit accuracy, it's up to the players. When I was playing it wasn't bad at all with 50 players. Just a small jitter.
  10. Feb 12, 2011
    I say yes, I think most of the ze servers have that so it shouldn't be a big problem at all either.
  11. Aug 5, 2010
    Thanks Ray and anathema i go on Ze so don't reply :thumbsup:
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    Thank you Ray.
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    Can we burn it and get a bf3 sever instead? :razz: lol!
  14. Oct 29, 2010
    In your dreams son.
  15. Feb 21, 2007
  16. Dec 3, 2011
    Awww poor ZE my favorite :shock:

17. Dec 7, 2010
    As always thank you for all the hard work you put in to make the servers run the best they can!
  18. Apr 2, 2011
    Imma be different than all of you guys. GO RAY GO. GO RAY GO. GO RAY GO.
  19. Aug 18, 2006
    Server is back online. Whether or not the crash/lag issues are fixed, is currently unknown. Have not had the time to test... As Kyle said, the only option to remedy the issue is to lower server tickrate. I want to do that as a last resort, especially if there's an alternative.

If everyone gets the ammo refill at once, which isn't uncommon, the server often crashes due to an extended lag spike.
  20. Oct 20, 2011
    I am on ZE all the time, way more than ZMP.

Oh btw the server doesn't have no block turned on so everyone is running into eachother and all the zombies are getting stuck together when they get teleported.