Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steals & Deals - Gaming Edition

Discussion in Gaming started by Vadleon, Oct 17, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    Hopefully an appropriate thread title. Not sure if this should go in 'No Count' like the other thread, but I thought 'Gaming' was a sensible place to put this.

So this thread has a simple purpose - for people to post and share news and sales on different games from different places. Steam, Amazon, GOG, brick-and-mortar stores (like Target, Gamestop, etc.), and wherever is welcome here as long as it's only about games. Allow me to set a few guidelines for this thread:
    • Post only relevant info about games. No cool gaming equipment like 52" monitors or a mini fridge unless it's bundled with a game for some reason. Consoles are an exception to this for themselves and their immediate peripherals like controllers.
    • Please post and bold the game(s) on sale, for how much/how much off, where it's on sale, and for how long (if known). Providing a link is also appreciated. (Optional is a brief on the game(s) in question to help out curious buyers.)
    • Coupon codes for discounts are also allowed in here, so please provide the info above in addition to the code when you post.
    • Feel free to post news about upcoming sales or promotions and relevant details.
    • Don't worry too much about being the last person and double posting or whatever as long as you provide something new. Just don't get spammy, since this isn't in No Count.
    • The edit button is your friend. Use it if you forget something in your post.
    So without further adieu, let the gaming chat commence!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To kick this off, Steam has a midweek-madness of the Serious Sam franchise 75% off until 4pm Thursday PST.
    Linky -> http://store.steampowered.com/sub/17410/

Serious Sam fits well into the crowd of older FPS games since it sports an array of guns you can carry all at once and hordes of baddies you can mow down throughout the levels. Great scenery and solid gameplay makes it a good buy for people who like shooters. I strongly recommend picking up the HD First and Second Encounters. I haven't played SS3:BFE yet, but I've heard good things.
    • Like Like x 1
      Vadleon, Oct 17, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Oct 17, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      25% any digital video game copy on Amazon.com with code: SQRLUVOC

• Jan 12, 2011
      Toys'R'Us is having a sale on all video games and video game accessories - Buy one, get one 40% off. This is valid Oct. 21-27. This is good both online and in store.
      Link to the gaming area of their website -> http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=10802101

Also:

Good Old Games is doing a "Pay what you want" special for classic Interplay games. They have different packages available depending on how much you spend (more on this in a sec). This sale goes through Nov. 1st, 3:30pm EST it seems (about 10 and a half more days).
      Linky -> http://www.gog.com/interplay
      How prices work: Paying any amount under the average will net you 8 games. Paying above the average, currently $15.01, will get you 20 games (the previous 8 plus 12 more), and paying $35 or more will get you all 32 games in the Interplay package (an 82% discount compared to normal prices). Follow the link to see what games are available in each package.

Also like always, GOG will provide these game purchases with extra digital goodies such as manuals, soundtracks, desktop backgrounds, and other things.
      Vadleon, Oct 21, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Oct 21, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      http://www.greenmangaming.com/ has 20% off ALL PC downloads with voucher: GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1
      Notable:
      -Borderlands 2 - $31.98 $59.99
      -Borderlands 2 Season Pass (every DLC that comes available) - $23.98 $29.99
      -MOH: Warfighter Limited Edition - $47.98 $59.99
      -Guild Wars 2: Deluxe Edition - $59.98 $79.99
      -Guild Wars 2 - $47.98 $59.99
      -And many more!

And up to 75% off on war deals: http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/ (can add on above voucher)
      Notable:
      -Homefront - $3.98 $19.99
      -Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - $7.98 $19.99
      -MoW: Red Tide - $5.58 $19.99

This event ends on the 26th, don't miss out on these unbelievable deals!
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • Dec 6, 2011
      They're rounding some of them off for some reason, but a few I was looking at went to .98 cents. I doubt 2 cents will kill anybody.
    • Nov 11, 2011

EDIT: Can someone buy it for me and I send you the $4? Please :crying:
    • May 14, 2011

Some games are up to 75% off. Some standout titles include: Bioshock 2, Dead Space 2, Amnesia, Rage, Fallout New Vegas, FEAR 3, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2, and many more which I'm not going to take the time to name.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        50% off selected games on Origin if you do some silly challenge that takes 10 seconds.

Gmaes worth looking at:

BF3 + BF3 Premium
        BF3 Premium

In fact most games except the very latest are on the sale!
      • Dec 6, 2011
        One reason to not bother and always never bother: It's Origin.
      • Nov 6, 2011
        lol so whats so bad about origin haha works fine doesnt slow my computer down like i dont see the problem at all is it cuz its not steam cuz if thats the reason then your a tool
      • Dec 6, 2011
        First off, the shit they've tried to do is all the reason I need. But secondly, it's EA, and I hate having a bunch of different game managers. I just like having one single manager.
      • Nov 6, 2011
        never had a problem with them sounds like a personal problem
      • Sep 6, 2010
        What else is good there? I notice most of the games are old though with outdated graphics. It's tempting to buy something...
      • Jul 28, 2011
        The ones I listed are pretty much all of the ones I played... prototype 2 ($19.99) looks kind of tempting, all though I haven't played it or the first one.

But my top recommendations are Bioshock (haven't played the 2nd one yet), L4D2, and Dead Island.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 23, 2011
          Every time I spend a shit ton of money on something else (Like girlfriend or something like that) steam as a massive fucking sale D:

Sadface
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Better start saving up! All through November, including cyber Monday, www.Newegg.com will be having different deals every day on their already low priced items! Last year that had select computer parts almost 50% off, and a couple 24'' monitors for <$100. Be sure to check in every day, and if you haven't already, subscribe to their e-mails, they send great promos on all of the daily deals they have.
        • Jul 28, 2011

The page says it's on sale for just $49.99, but if you use this code:
          Code:
          GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S
          it will take an additional 25% off.

I could not resist buying :smile:

Edit: it gives you a code which you can redeem with steam
        • Dec 6, 2011