Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steals & Deals - Gaming Edition

Discussion in Gaming started by Vadleon, Oct 17, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011

2. Mar 12, 2008
    I've been wondering this, but why re-cap daily steam deals that everyone here probably knows about already?

I guess it's the thought that counts, but I personally never log off steam so I know about the deals right when they hit. Also reciprocating sales on the same titles hardly count as steals and/or deals (directed at Steam and Gaben, not anyone here).

I'm just curious.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Jan 12, 2011
      It's for two reasons: 1) in case someone is on at some random hour and doesn't check Steam right away, and 2) archival purposes. While it's very likely most people may know about the main deals that rollover in the day, the flash deals and votes that come later might slip by and I wish to provide a reminder.

I wish there were a way to condense the thread a bit and not have to make new posts in order to bump it. If I could have my new posts merge with the previous ones, despite being separated by ~8 hours, then I'd be happy with it. That way the thread would still be bumped and there would be fewer posts to scroll by. By no means am I trying to boost my post count, and if the FMods feel inclined they may move this thread over to 'No Count'. I originally put it here in 'Gaming' since the thread explicitly dealt with game deals.
      Vadleon, Jul 20, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jul 20, 2013
    • Mar 12, 2008
      I'm not accusing you of anything, I was just curious as the thought behind it. Now that I know, I understand this a little better.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jan 12, 2011
        No worries! If there's really one thing I think could be said of me on the Forums, it's that I'm thorough. :nerd:

The Steam Summer Getaway Sale

Edit: Oh I'd like to point out something - DON'T buy the Just Cause Bundle. That's not to say that you shouldn't buy JC2 and all of its DLC, but if you look at the package info, it's actually priced $1 higher than the total of all the individual things inside the bundle. So skip the bundle and buy all the goodies the old fashioned way!
        On a side note, I find it hilarious that the first game is 96% off to become $0.27. Guess it just sucks that bad. -_-
        Vadleon, Jul 20, 2013 Last edited by Vadleon, Jul 20, 2013
      • Jan 12, 2011

• Mar 12, 2008
        For those that were following the Community picks:

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Did not win, unfortunately. There will always be next time.

[IMG]
      • May 15, 2011
        I don't know why, but this game interests me for having such a unique concept/title. I may pick it up sometime.
      • Jan 12, 2011

• Jan 12, 2011

• Jan 12, 2011

Blarg, pardon the tardiness on the last update of the sale. Too tired.... I've Steamed too hard for the last week. :dazed:
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Vadleon, I bought couple of copies of RAGE, 10 Tomb Raiders, Doom 3 BFG Edition, Deus X Complete pack. What a disappointing Steam sale for me. :frownbig:
      • Nov 11, 2011

• $1 or more gets you: Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row 2, Risen 2: Dark Waters, and Sacred 2 Gold.

• Beating the average price (currently sitting at $4.63) gets you: Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third Full DLC

• $25 or more gets you: Dead Island Riptide
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Everytime I see deep silver, I rage because THQ. A decent deal on this package however.

They're on Humble now eh? I sense trouble in the future for them.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Gamefly has Dishonored for $7.99 (Steam's lowest is $10.19), use coupon GFDAUG20

@Bender I did it... I pulled the trigger:

[IMG]
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Mar 16, 2008
              Everything from the Oirgin bundle goes towards charity. EA is taking nothing from it.
              • Winner Winner x 2
              • Jul 28, 2011
                Crazy good deal, and all the money goes to charity!

The rumor I heard was that the extra games added later will be Dead Space 2, MOH Airborne, Red Alert 3:Uprising and Bulletstorm. Again, just a rumor
                • Like Like x 1