Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Steam App for Android?

Discussion in Android started by AgoraphobicNosebleed, Oct 27, 2011

1. Aug 25, 2009
    Is it possible? I have been hearing rumors about it and also seen it on the Android market but dont know if it is legit.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    Theres already a few steam apps. You can also acess it from your web browser.
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    if your android has internet why would you need an app again?
  4. Jul 1, 2010
    App I use is Steam Friends. You also use an app because it has a nice interface and takes a much shorter time than using the browser :razz:
  5. Jul 23, 2010
    Do they have a Steam Friends app for Iphone?
  6. Jun 22, 2011
  7. Jul 1, 2010
    Nope, there is no API for steam that would allow chat in an app unfortunately, at least that is what I have read.

-EDIT-

Apparatus is one of the ones for iPhone, Supportware is another, GameTabs is the one other I'm seeing so far.
  8. Aug 25, 2009
    Why I dont like using the web browser? Cause its slow. I prefer apps because they are much quicker to access then having to go to your web browser and wait for pages to load when an app loads so much quicker and less hassle. I tried the steam friends app but it cant seem to log me in.
  9. Jul 1, 2010
    No idea about that, are you using a steam id url such as steamcommunity.com/id/name (which is what I use) or the other one
  10. Mar 16, 2008
    I've already emailed valve a few times asking for a way to chat on iOS, have not got a reply once. Without their API, chat will never happen.
  11. Jul 23, 2010
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    Its useless really, its used to see who is online, how much time you have logged the past few weeks etc.